• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F U Queen Lateeeeetha

427Cobra

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
  • Nov 24, 2005
    DFW Texas
    Our Star Spangled Banner deserves better than a has been rapper doing it gospel style.

Re: F U Queen Lateeeeetha

Or one could view it from the perspective of "Any publictity is good publicity".

+1

Never did remember a bass beat in the tune.

It is a disgrace what performers are doing to it.

There have been so many gospel singing idiots that have screwed up our national anthem, it's rediculous. The best ever was a comedienne in the eighties who sang at, if memory serves, Wrigley Field. Not only was she stellar, but the 6 second delay made it way way cool to hear her voice, then the delay voice over. It was fuckin bad ass!

Most modern rappers are truly talentless. Basically jump on a stage yell about how many little old ladies you have shot, how many women you have raped, and how many kilo's you have sold.

Gospel singers? Really? Come on now... Lots of folks have fucked it up, and used it as a sort of self agrandizing moment, black white yellow and red.
    I equate poor performances of the National Anthem to taking a big shit on it, The most profound way to make something your own is to add a bit of yourself, shit that is not needed, but shit none the less in this instance. Also known simply as extreme vibrato and tremolo.
    In Roseanne's case she was the shit. She should have been lynched.

For my Viet Nam age brothers, and my personal favorite. Not bad fro three old geezers. Always brings a little tear to my eye.

http://youtu.be/MH8ObibNCoo

Thought she did ok. At least she knew the words. The only problem I saw was that sorry bling Giants jersey. w/a 100 penalties we still won the game. Go Cowboys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For my Viet Nam age brothers, and my personal favorite. Not bad fro three old geezers. Always brings a little tear to my eye.

http://youtu.be/MH8ObibNCoo </div></div>

Cannot say i have ever heard a GD song but thats a helluva good job and the way it should be done!

I almsot threw my shoes at the TV when the Queen whatever come on and started hacking up the song. Sing it like its supposed to be sung. Don't ad your flair don't put a beat to it just sing the F-in song!

The way the song is sung reflects the state of the country.
    Like the Constitution it seems open for debate.

Sad.

I actually thought she did a great job. I don't see in any way shape or form how she was disrespectful. Rosanne Barr was a disgrace.

Oh relax guys. She didn't do THAT bad a job. Not like Christina Aguilara or worse...

Lucy Lawless fell out of her top once singing it... AWESOME!
    (Warior-princess boobies.

Song sucks anyway. It should be "God Bless America" not a stupid
    German drinking song. I'm all for replacing it.

It is the NATIONAL ANTHEM OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Not some 2bit song that is up for any body's rendition. It should be sung as it was written and itended to be sung. Changing it to your own style should be a federal crime.