• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F4 Defense SF AR-10 Stovepipe Help Needed

Seeking_Coyotes

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2017
I have a very accurate f4 Defense AR10 in .243 Win. Cannot seem to get ahold of the company. It often has a stovepipe on the third shot on average. My brass is ejecting to the 1 o'clock position. I am guessing I heed to adjust the gas block. First adjustable gas block. If this might be the solution, which direction should I turn the gas block looking at it from the rear of the gun, or vice versa for the front of the gun. Just don't want to waste too many shots so I appreciate the spoon feeding.

Happens whether clean or dirty.

Thanks,

Mike

Great adjustment instructions here.

Reactions: Seeking_Coyotes
You need LESS gas if your brass is ejecting towards the 1 o'clock.

It comes with the Superlative Arms gas block.

When you're looking from the front of the gun (muzzle pointed to your face), if you want to use the gas block in restricted mode, turn clockwise until all the way closed. Then counter clockwise 18 clicks. This will get you to full open (like standard gas block). To restrict gas from here on out, you will turn clockwise.

If you want to use the gas block in bleed off mode, turn clockwise until all the way closed. Then counter clockwise 18 clicks. This will get you to full open (like standard gas block). From here, you will turn counter clockwise to "bleed off/vent" excess gas.

You adjust either of these settings until it locks back on last shot empty mag consistently.

Reactions: Seeking_Coyotes