• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FA762SS availability and M40A5 tips

Fa762ssEnjoyer

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2023
Texas
As the title suggests looking (like everyone and their mother) for a FA762SS can. Also got all my parts together for the m40 build and was wondering what any tips people had for putting it together. Figured I’ll take it all to a gun smith but if there are any caveats to that lmk thanks!

Mike Lau at Texas Brigade Armory used build a very nice M40A1, don't know if he is still around. I have seen some nice ones from GAP.
Crescent Customs Rifles, I bet would also build a nice one. Some day I hope to have Crescent Customs build me a modernized XM-3 in 6.5CM with magazine compatible bottom metal.

Right on, guess I should clarify I’m in in the Dallas area texas brigade might be a little too out of the way haha

Mark @ Raven Rifles was my go to guy, but he isn't taking work these days.
@RWSGunsmithing is doing a MK13 build for me right now... you may want to reach out to him to discuss your A5 build.

If you're looking to build a 100% "correct" clone e.g. : black oxide, stamping, clipslot, and all.... I am not sure who can do that these days.

Mark @ Raven Rifles was my go to guy, but he isn't taking work these days.
@RWSGunsmithing is doing a MK13 build for me right now... you may want to reach out to him to discuss your A5 build.

If you're looking to build a 100% "correct" clone e.g. : black oxide, stamping, clipslot, and all.... I am not sure who can do that these days.
When you say “correct” could you describe the other nuances regarding that? I never really thought of black oxide is that for the barrel?

I have several from different builders. Given who’s out there right now, GA Precision is my recommendation. They have a former 2112 that built A5’s doing their m40’s. Was sad to see Mark Hall left them but the builds i got back earlier this year were top notch. They send out for black oxide but they do offer it now.