• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors FA762SS in a M1a - Blow by

81STFACP

DRB 1234, P100, HM - XC, LR
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2006
Austin, TX
Used the FA762SS in the LRB M25, 22 inch set a few times, the blow by to the face is very annoying. Getting ready for a hunt down by Laredo I tried different ways to contain the blow by. The shooting towel wrapped around the scope and the receiver works and contains the spent brass inside, that is a plus. In the old days they had some sort of deflector used when firing blanks from the 14s, but this will not work on the LRB M25s, the piece used the clip slot guide to snap on to.

After mocking the design with duct tape and card board, my buddy and I came up with this blow by deflector/blocker scheme using Kydex. It is not in its useable form yet, still need to rivet the two pieces together. If proven to reduce the blow by to a below annoying level, I will form the whole thing one piece snap on version. I appreciate it if you guys who are more experienced in suppressed M14s share your experience in cutting down the blow by

I heard from a well known military M14 smith, back in the day a suppressor used on the rifle had relief valves. That was before my time, if anyone here knows about what and how relief valves were used in the suppressors intended for the 14s please chime in. Maybe it is something the Surefire people can comment as to the applicability of such relief valves to their cans.

Here are some pictures of the M25 that is heading down to TexMex border next week.

whznr4.jpg

ncduma.jpg

5fi6ad.jpg

25t8fuh.jpg