• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Facebook Blocking Accessory Ads

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/18/facebook-blocks-gun-accessory-ads-to-the-under-18s/

Facebook has tightened the rules about what sort of firearms-related content is visible by the site's underage users. From June 21st, ads for weapon accessories, from optics, flashlights and holsters through to bulletproof vests and camouflage gear, will need to be visible by adults-only. This category also includes gun safes, mounts, gun cases, slings, gun wraps and equipment like clay throwers.

Since 2016, the site has banned personal gun sales, and has worked hard to crack down on private gun sales on both Facebook and Instagram. Other sites have recently begun attempting to tackle the issue on their own platforms in the wake of numerous high-profile mass shootings in the US. Reddit implemented a gun ban earlier this year, as has YouTube — which also blocked videos showing how to upgrade firearms.

Reactions: abizdafuzz
    I would not be surprised if the next move is to restrict accessory adds to over 21, then eventually to kick them out all together.

Every time you use Facebook you fund those that hate you and are happy to let you know so.

I have never, and will never have a Facebook account. I only use Twitter in support of President Trump. Otherwise, fuck social media. I have lived without it just fine for my entire life. I'll be damned if I support leftists/communists who want to destroy my freedoms and way of life.

FB.jpg

I have never, and will never have a Facebook account. I only use Twitter in support of President Trump. Otherwise, fuck social media. I have lived without it just fine for my entire life. I'll be damned if I support leftists/communists who want to destroy my freedoms and way of life.
    I feel 100% the same way. I did open a twitter account right after the florida high school shooting. Let me tell you, social media is where the war is being fought. The war is not being fought in forums.

I fully wiped my FB account about a month ago along with my never used Twitter account. Over the last few years, I had limited my activity on there to just a couple military specific groups that kept me in contact with a lot of old friends I served with, but even being in those no longer were worth keeping that account open. That's saying a lot, those men I hold very near and dear in my heart and some others whom I didn't even know personally I was able to make life altering moves with, including getting one to come back from the ledge of suicide by simply giving him a phone number of a shooter and Marine friendly counselor to call (my own girlfriend), he did, and he got the help he needed.

All the ad blocking tools don't keep them from collecting data to feed you what they felt you need to be fed, leading the masses like lemmings. Conversation on any of them is pitiful and virtually nonexistent, anything more than a few sentences gets lambasted as a "book", with Twitter leading the charge in that category.

Their collection, analysis and sale of your information to those who will do whatever they can to convince you to buy buy and buy some more shit you don't need or convince you that their new world order is the right one is deceptive, manipulative, predatory and outright one of the greatest things that is wrong in today's world. It is stunning the amount of information they glean and how they use it against you.

For anyone still on that platform, know that your presence there is funding their agenda against our way of life and our freedoms. The two giants of Facebook and Google are decidedly against firearm ownership by private citizens, and the more you use their services, the more money you give to their agenda of a globalist society under authoritarian rule. What little firearm discussion they allow to trickle down the pipe is nothing more than Obama shooting a 12ga and saying he was for gun rights. It's a lie to not totally skyline themselves as what they really are - Anti Second Amendment to the core.

The "fight" may be happening on social media, but that is far from worth it to me to personally participate. I have neither the time nor the patience to deal with those who are as staunch in their gun control views as I am in my freedom of citizens views, I'll leave the futility of that to others. I'll participate in the fight by continuing to introduce new shooters to the sport, to encourage others to defend themselves, and to advance marksmanship knowledge of others whenever and wherever I can. I'm too late to do it this year before winter will come on, but I'll be hopefully setting up an Appleseed in my area for next year, just have to get the range board to get on board with it.

Long live The Hide, the only worthwhile social media.

I think I have bought something from an ad only once in my entire life, and it was a $10 charging cable for my phone

Gotta love the faggotry that is SJWs on social media. They try and claim they're all about freedom and liberty, but only if you share their opinions and if you don't, they want to doxx you and ruin your life. Sounds a lot like Fascism to me doesn't it? I see a Fourth Reich coming along soon.

Reactions: Bender
    I think I have bought something from an ad only once in my entire life, and it was a $10 charging cable for my phone
    It's not necessarily the click-buy they're looking for, it's just the seed being planted at the right time by knowing what it is the consumer has been searching and reading via their web history, all of which is given willingly by their browser (especially when using Chrome). They know the consumer will make their way eventually, the social scientists who work in big data have shown them exactly how to effectively do so. Facebook/Alphabet doesn't make the overwhelming majority of their profits from advertising because it doesn't work.

I fully wiped my FB account about a month ago along with my never used Twitter account. Over the last few years, I had limited my activity on there to just a couple military specific groups that kept me in contact with a lot of old friends I served with, but even being in those no longer were worth keeping that account open. That's saying a lot, those men I hold very near and dear in my heart and some others whom I didn't even know personally I was able to make life altering moves with, including getting one to come back from the ledge of suicide by simply giving him a phone number of a shooter and Marine friendly counselor to call (my own girlfriend), he did, and he got the help he needed.

All the ad blocking tools don't keep them from collecting data to feed you what they felt you need to be fed, leading the masses like lemmings. Conversation on any of them is pitiful and virtually nonexistent, anything more than a few sentences gets lambasted as a "book", with Twitter leading the charge in that category.

Their collection, analysis and sale of your information to those who will do whatever they can to convince you to buy buy and buy some more shit you don't need or convince you that their new world order is the right one is deceptive, manipulative, predatory and outright one of the greatest things that is wrong in today's world. It is stunning the amount of information they glean and how they use it against you.

For anyone still on that platform, know that your presence there is funding their agenda against our way of life and our freedoms. The two giants of Facebook and Google are decidedly against firearm ownership by private citizens, and the more you use their services, the more money you give to their agenda of a globalist society under authoritarian rule. What little firearm discussion they allow to trickle down the pipe is nothing more than Obama shooting a 12ga and saying he was for gun rights. It's a lie to not totally skyline themselves as what they really are - Anti Second Amendment to the core.

The "fight" may be happening on social media, but that is far from worth it to me to personally participate. I have neither the time nor the patience to deal with those who are as staunch in their gun control views as I am in my freedom of citizens views, I'll leave the futility of that to others. I'll participate in the fight by continuing to introduce new shooters to the sport, to encourage others to defend themselves, and to advance marksmanship knowledge of others whenever and wherever I can. I'm too late to do it this year before winter will come on, but I'll be hopefully setting up an Appleseed in my area for next year, just have to get the range board to get on board with it.

OMG wall of text lol

Reactions: whiskeytower
    Tried to sell a scope a couple of months ago.
    Scope and rings only in the pics and description.
    Took 3 tries to get it listed.
    "These items and related are against our policies"
    Fuck you FB...
    Goebbels would be green with envy at this level of censorship achieved.

R

I do not understand what the appeal to logical people any of those sights, have?
    It starts with a bait and switch.
    Easiest way, for the most part, to keep in touch with some friends around the world.
    Interject FB's political wares into the average feed.
    Also the gregarious nature of humans.

R

I do not understand what the appeal to logical people any of those sights, have?
    it's an addiction. Check out an interview done with Sean Parker (napster). That arrogant fucker freely admitted that they knew and heavily bet on social media as another trigger for the ventral tegmental reward system; the same system in the prefrontal cortex and midbrain responsible for keeping people jonesing for meth and crack

Reactions: W54/XM-388

thats what i say

A lot of Facebook's and Twitter's attraction comes down to acceptance and/or audience, coupled with typical human nosiness and often times diagnosable narcissism.

Translation: Attention whores. I couldn't delete and block them fast enough sometimes.

And I swear to fuck, if I got added to another fucking lame ass shooting group on there, especially anything dealing with whatever the fuck wiz-bang-neato-supergay-windcheater caliber forum, I cut the mother fucker who added me out of my life for good. True story.

Answer to 88.7% of all long range shooting questions on Facebook is "6.5 Creedmore, flat to 500". That's right, they don't even know how to fucking spell it and can't even tell you what "flat to 500" means yet they heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy, but they know it's the best for everything from chipmunks to Cape Buffalo. And they don't have one, yet, but their Ruger RPR is on backorder from their dealer and should be in next week. Another true story.

I have to say though, you know what first got me on Facebook? Sniper's Hide did, during the SH/SWFA "Likes" campaign. No shit, I actually created my account for that and stretched it out a bit from there, liked, shared, signed up for the contests of other gun companies, etc, and resisted for a good while afterwards on doing anything more with it, didn't have a single "Friend" for some time, just watched for sales, new products, other gun shit like that. Firearms were HUGE on FB back in 2011 and a while thereafter, then things took a serious shit for the worse when they went IPO and it all went to hell in a hand basket from there. Aah, the good ol' days.

At least I still have my SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 and the Hide, the FB account didn't pull through though.

Pity...

giphy.gif

Never had a facebook, myspace, tweeter or whatever. Seems these sites multiply each week. It's to the point people are talking about an app their on and I don't even know WTF it is or what it does.

I'm just not that interested in people. If I want to share something or see whats up, I'll fucking call you. I didn't call you? Means I didn't care.

Seems 90% of today's drama in peoples' lives stem from either their children or social media.

Reactions: W54/XM-388