• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Factory .260?

cheddar

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
Madison, WI.
Does anyone offer one? I like my Savage but it doesn't look like they offer any .260 rifles. Is this still to new of a caliber?

Re: Factory .260?

Just get a .260 barrel and make your Savage a switch barrel.

But some diversity is always wanted in a gun safe...isn't it?
How hard is it to find a whole bolt(maybe set up for the .260)?
I like the idea of a switch hitter, but I think I would rather have seperate rifles???

cheddar, I have a Savage .260 barrel in the For Sale section, ready to ship.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the 260 uses the same bolthead as a 308, 308 is the parent case for 260 </div></div>

My 10FP is .223

I can hook you up with an action!

It's a shame that the 260 is chambered in such a limited amount of factory sticks.

I know that remington did a limited run on the vs platform.But the chances of finding one are about the same as gettin a piece of ass at home!

Savage made FP's in 260 Rem a few years back. Remington also made heavy varmint/laminated rifles in 260 Rem. They are both hard to find however.

It's a Savage, swap out the bolt head/face to a .473 bolt face. takes all of about 5 minutes. Beautiful system. If they were'nt so stinkin' ugly I'd have ten of em and a barrel for 20 different cartridges...