• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Factory .50 BMG Ammo?

Rolltide

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2003
East Tennessee
www.rimfiretactical.com
I have a Cadex Tremor on the way and have been looking at factory ammo options to get started.

Is the Hornady 750 A-Max the easy button for factory ammo or are there others that you'd recommend for accuracy?

The Cadex Tremor shoots the factory Hornady 750gr A max just fine, and that would be what I stick with. I have also tried custom 50 bmg ammo from: https://shop.thunderammo.com/50-bmg-ammo/

But unless you are shooting way out there and need monolithics for some reason or another, I would just stick with the factory Hornady 750gr A Max.

The Cadex Tremor shoots the factory Hornady 750gr A max just fine, and that would be what I stick with. I have also tried custom 50 bmg ammo from: https://shop.thunderammo.com/50-bmg-ammo/

But unless you are shooting way out there and need monolithics for some reason or another, I would just stick with the factory Hornady 750gr A Max.
Thank you for the info!

I've debated on picking up some American Eagle or similar 660gr FMJ, but I doubt it will produce decent accuracy.

Thank you for the info!

I've debated on picking up some American Eagle or similar 660gr FMJ, but I doubt it will produce decent accuracy.

I have a lower end 50; a Noreen ULR-50. The Hornady 750’s are right at a MOA. The American Eagle is overrun military ball and in my rifle is 2.5 - 3.0 MOA. Fine for just plinking.

When I got the rifle earlier this year Cabelas was selling out their Hornady ammo for the same price as the American Eagle. Look around and maybe you can still fine some in stock. .

Reactions: Rolltide
I dont know shit about shit when it comes to the 50 but I do recall seeing some RUAG 50 bmg on @RavenRocksPrecision site.

Thanks. The 50 BMG we have is RUAG Swiss P, and is precision ammo. It's more expensive that standard ball ammo for sure. We can do 10% that price at the moment for anyone in this forum.

We also have some new old stock 50 BMG A-Max Projectiles and RCBS reloading dies on sale if you want to make your own.

Targetsportsusa gets apit and api lake city contract over runs too if looking for fun ammo

I handload the 50 BMG, best way to get accuracy and economy... shoot subsonic, or put those cheap bullets into small groups... put 5 APIT into .6" at 100, most will hit 1" to 1.25" There were several places offering loaded 50BMG ammo, check the net... Sportsman's Warehouse had several boxes of 10 rd 50BMG match rds.

Reactions: Jeff Gahler