• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Factory 6.5 cm dilemma

Trochlea

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2013
Den, CO
Having a little bit of a dilemma with my recent 6.5 creedmoor semi auto. I didn't know where to put this post so I am putting it here.

Recently ordered up a custom Krieger barrel for a semi auto dpms pattern build. It was custom chambered against the provided bolt and then sent to me for assembly. So i put it all together and at the range, I tried to safety checked the build with 120 AMAX. The bolt would not close unless I let the bolt close with full force, the one time i did that the bullet got stuck in the rifling. After several different bullets and one projectile getting stuck in the rifling, i called it quits. The next day at the competition one of the more expert shooters points out to try a case with no bullet and then 140's both of which allowed the bolt to fully close. A quick email reveals to Krieger and they say that they chambered the barrel with a minimum spec reamer from Hornady and creedmoor. So i broke out the hornady oal gauge and it looks like with a 120 amax projectile pushed to the lands i measured 2.0230. using the same gauge the factory ammo was running between 2.1840 -2.1865 with a coal ~2.710.

So the question, can I simply seat the bullets deeper to accommodate for shorter chamber or should I just pull them and start from scratch? I have some 140 hybrids on hand and 130 vlds on order as well as about 8 lbs of 4350, so pulling them would be too much of a hassle, I would just prefer to shoot them!