• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report factory ammo blowing primers

Belisarius

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2007
I have a friend Who shoots an FN SPR in 308, he shoots factory ammunition.
With this ammo and only this one he gets 2 or 3 blown primers out of a box. I was shooting his rifle today and got this, the primer freely goes in and out of the pocket. Firing the shot I couldn't tell the primer blew out. I've had my fair share of blown primers and firing the round I always new the primer was out, but not this time. Because the primer pocket is so big, I'm guessing pressure?
Any thoughts?
Thank you!

78A71583-312B-4D5A-824C-706855F4C101.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like gas is leaking around the primers also. Might be a problem with the ammo

I don't see any ejector marks either. Primers may be very loose from the factory

Nosler ammo is horrid...I’ve also seen pressure signs across multiple .308 S/A rifles I own and have owned with their “Match” 168g stuff. Groups would typically 2-3 MOA at 100 (fed GMM would shoot 1 MOA by comparison with zero pressure signs). Ejection patterns at 1-2 o’clock, all unsuppressed (never bothered shooting that crap with a can on)

Advise your buddy to run diff ammo.