• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Factory POF muzzle break question

trisurvivor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
MN,USA
Upon further inspecting my POF p308 upper, I have noticed that on the muzzle break it has a different hole pattern than expected. It has definite side ports at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions from looking down the barrel. It also has 3 ports drilled at the 1:30 position and only 1 on the 10:30 side. I sent them an email, but no response yet.

So I am asking the experts here, have you guys ever seen a muzzle break drilled with uneven stabilizer ports?

Re: Factory POF muzzle break question

Mine is the same as you described. Probably an engineering solution to get the best performance and stabalize the recoil.

I wondered if it is to stabilize against a rotary locking bolt?

my POF 5.56 break is the same. I think that their logic is with the 1:30 having more than the 1030 is that it will push the barrel down to the left somewhat, getting a faster target aquisition for follow up shots......doesnt help me much being a lefty
smile.gif
. The POF breaks are loud as hell, but mine seems to be pretty effective as far as muzzle control goes.

Dave

Thanks for the heads up. I typically wear plugs and headset. I am used to shooting a weatherby accumark 30-378. It takes your breath away. Like a dumbass, I didn't have plugs in when this huge buck ran up on me in Wyoming. I couldn't hear for a day out of my left ear. Never again!