• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Factory rem.700 action questions(Meterial, aw mags

Quicky06

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
St. Louis
I have a factort remington SPS varmint 308 action. It will wear the factory barrel until it wears out or i learn wind, more than likley it will wear out.

2 questions. First is the action Stainless. Due to the wonderfull finish remington shops with these things i know that the barrel rusts but the action never does.

Second is that i need to have the feed ramp modified for the longer COAL of the AI mags with out the front plate and im trying to think of anything else i would like to have modified while it is at GAP because shipping will cost me more than the work. I have read that all that needs to be done for the use of AW double stack mags it to modify the action and im curios as to what has to be done.

And on a side note im just assuming that Badger M5 DBM will accept AW mags. Please slap me around if it doesnt.

Thanks

Re: Factory rem.700 action questions(Meterial, aw mags

The Badger M5 will work with the AW mags, but the action work that the Remington 700 would require is pretty extensive to run the AW mags. Its not a simple grind a little here and notch the feed ramps, its a bit more than that. But GAP would do it no problem, as to your rust question it should be fine