• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Factory rem 700 Diamond ok?

Jeffbigwood

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2014
Yukon Oklahoma
Anyone running a Diamond in a factory rem 700? I know you would have to slide something to release the bolt as the diamonds don’t have a bolt release. I love the 2 stage diamonds I have in my other rifles and have one factory rem 700 223 I would like to put one in but want to make sure it’s safe. I would run it around 1.5lbs. Thanks

Attachments

• A2368DF1-81E3-41C5-BD58-4DA6E6F469AE.jpeg
    A2368DF1-81E3-41C5-BD58-4DA6E6F469AE.jpeg
    565.6 KB · Views: 67
Limited Edition BLING!!! I caught the sale. Passed on the gold.

How does one operate the bolt release with these installed? Was looking at them recently, few quick searches didn’t show much

How does one operate the bolt release with these installed? Was looking at them recently, few quick searches didn’t show much
Take your pocket knife and squeeze it between the bolt and action and press the bolt release down from above until a lug can get over the stop.

You could always send the action to LRI and have them install their side bolt release

Take your pocket knife and squeeze it between the bolt and action and press the bolt release down from above until a lug can get over the stop.

I had a feeling it would be something fairly simple like that. Just haven’t put hands on the rifle since I had been looking into it. Thanks!

I put it on the factory 700 and a little Allen wrench would slide in and push the bolt release down easily. It wasn’t a big deal for a much better trigger. They do sell triggers with bolt release but not the diamonds.

Reactions: Holliday