• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Factory Ruger DSP 10/22 Accuracy

*rim-star*

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2014
What kind of accuracy can one expect from a new factory Ruger 10/22 DELUXE sporter, I havent owned a 10/22 in a long while and the ones I had in the past were just so-so in the accuracy dept. I realize its not going to perform like a target rifle but was hoping they would do 3/4" at 50 yards with good ammo and a decent trigger/scope.

Reactions: Gon06
Have owned over 20, my best factory barrel is from a ‘78 DSP.
Some, repeat some of the ‘95 era guns were statistically decent (what I read from folks in that time, plus my own experience), but mostly it’s luck of the draw. Most barrels are reverse taper bore, ie. the bore gets bigger towards the muzzle, and accuracy suffers.

Reactions: *rim-star*
You won't likely get 3/4 at 50 accuracy. Maybe 1.5" until you change the trigger, bolt, and barrel. You can have a factory gun reworked to make it a sleeper, Randy at CPC does that.

Otherwise get Kidd parts. Or VQ, or really any reputable brand. Kidd components are a never look back option.

Reactions: *rim-star*