• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Factory Vudoo lead time (straight bartlein barrel)?

Can only go 22” with the Vudoo MTU. I would get you the measurements on mine but driving home from a match. I am sure someone will jump in and help.

And nothing wrong with a 22” MTU if that’s what you want. They are accurate but just less weight.
MTU-V is different from MTU isn't it? I saw a video somewhere (which I cannot find anymore) saying it was thicker. It might still be limited to 22 as well, but maybe I'll get lucky and its not.

MTU-V is different from MTU isn't it? I saw a video somewhere (which I cannot find anymore) saying it was thicker. It might still be limited to 22 as well, but maybe I'll get lucky and its not.

Unfortunately still only 22” and the Vudoo Rimfire MTU is smaller than the centerfire MTU. I just call it the MTU when talking about Vudoo as it’s the only one they have.

Reactions: kornface13
Unfortunately still only 22” and the Vudoo Rimfire MTU is smaller than the centerfire MTU. I just call it the MTU when talking about Vudoo as it’s the only one they have.
Well shit. I might be joining the 4 month wait gang then...

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
I guess I got lucky, ordered mine right on the cusp of the 1.200” craze back in late Jan 2023. Received it early March. Shot it thru most of 2023 season and love it. Only issues I’ve had were mag related with the L3i but think I got that sorted out.

Reactions: kornface13
Did you all go threaded or target crown? I hate the thought of never being able to attach my suppressor (I wouldn't use it in comps), but also, it would probably look absolutely stupid with that big ass barrel.

I had my barrel threaded bc I wanted the option of running a can or tuner. But to be honest, I have yet to remove the thread protector…. I’ve since read that there can be issues turning a 1.200” barrel down to 1/2-28 thread, so if I had to do it again I would go with 5/8-24 or larger if I even wanted it threaded.

I went with target crown since I have no intention to put a tuner or a suppressor on it. Got a great group of 5 Midas plus at 50 yards last time out, now over 300 rounds on it. 0.15”

Did you all go threaded or target crown? I hate the thought of never being able to attach my suppressor (I wouldn't use it in comps), but also, it would probably look absolutely stupid with that big ass barrel.

If you want it suppressed then get an MTU and have it threaded. I’d never thread to 1/2-28 on a 1.2”. My MTU is threaded 5/8-24.

Reactions: Birddog6424
I now have 1,500 or so rounds through mine. It shoots everything great up close. 50 yards is hard to distinguish between ammos.

Of the ammo I have, it shoots Eley semi auto benchrest precision the best, followed by Eley match. The issue is the Vudoo chamber is not cut for Eley rounds. We shot a match a few weeks ago in the rain. It took a tremendous amount of force to close the bolt on the Eley rounds. Reached out to Vudoo and they advised to stop shooting Eley. I wish they offered a chamber offering for Eley as that is much easier to order specific lots for testing. I have not found any sizable dealer that sells Lapua or sk by lot number.

My anschutz 1710 is at the test center now. Fingers are crossed that the Vudoo also shoots whatever lot the Annie likes best. Else I may have to try the ammo lottery and buy some Sk rifle match. Or pass the Vudoo along to the next owner.

I now have 1,500 or so rounds through mine. It shoots everything great up close. 50 yards is hard to distinguish between ammos.

Of the ammo I have, it shoots Eley semi auto benchrest precision the best, followed by Eley match. The issue is the Vudoo chamber is not cut for Eley rounds. We shot a match a few weeks ago in the rain. It took a tremendous amount of force to close the bolt on the Eley rounds. Reached out to Vudoo and they advised to stop shooting Eley. I wish they offered a chamber offering for Eley as that is much easier to order specific lots for testing. I have not found any sizable dealer that sells Lapua or sk by lot number.

My anschutz 1710 is at the test center now. Fingers are crossed that the Vudoo also shoots whatever lot the Annie likes best. Else I may have to try the ammo lottery and buy some Sk rifle match. Or pass the Vudoo along to the next owner.

How long before your last cleaning when you had those chambering issues? You may have some carbon ring issues forming. I have shot thousands of rounds of Eley through my Vudoos and never had hard chambering. I would get a live round stuck in the chamber sometimes but firing it took care of that.

Is your Vudoo muzzle threaded?

@Rob01 @Masojoh

I tried Eley in my vudoo and I had several rounds that would not extract after fired and by several I mean 3-5 out of every mag.

Sk match, sk long range match, sk standard plus, RWS50, RWS100 and RWS rifle all run fine.

Target crown - no threads. I’m the OP - I think there is a picture somewhere above of my rifle.

I generally clean every 300-400 rounds. No carbon ring. Actually I was mistaken - it was cold (20s) that day. The rain was the prior match that I shot with my Anschutz. So the lube on the SABR (paraffin wax) was likely the culprit on the difficulty with chambering the rounds combined with the vudoo chamber cut for lapua.

With a round halfway into the chamber, it would get very hard to force forward. Almost 100% of the time it took so much force, it would pull me off of the target and I would have to reacquire it.

The bolt has always been harder to close on multiple eley types (match and tenex have been shot out of this rifle) than other ammo brands through that rifle.

From my correspondence with Vudoo about the hard feeding and bolt closing (their response below). The assumption in this response is that SABR is built for a Bentz chamber, which I can’t confirm with any source I have found but tend to believe. From Vudoo:

If the rifle functions fine with Lapua, we can open the chamber to a Bentz chamber for which the ammo was designed. This will void any accuracy guarantee. This is not a warranty service as we are modifying the rifle from it’s original design.

Otherwise we suggest that you change to a different ammo. Using ammo with a hard bolt close will accelerate the wear on the bolt and the receiver which will cause headspace to grow.

Yeah probably the cold. Never shot it down below 20 degrees and their line is tough like that versus Lapua/SK. I have only shot Eley Match, Edge and some Tenex and no problem with those. I know a few Vudoo shooters that only use Eley. Shoot a couple more thousand through it and see if it gets easier.

A bunch here getting similar set ups.
I’m waiting on a Vudoo 360 RBLP, 25” 1.25 straight 13 twist Mullerworks with EC tuner and a TT Diamond going in a Matrix Pro II at DI Precision. Should be a nice change versus hauling a 48 lb ELR rifle around, I’m definitely looking forward to it.

JH
Well it should be at my FFL tomorrow, nice
IMG_2861.png

Man, I'm glad to be different.

I have a 24" Bartlein Heavy Palma. I really like the chassis weights as they widen out the bottom of my Envy Pro and it rides a bag better, and they make for a very heavy rifle.. So it never occurred to me to get a heavier barrel to get rid of them. I made a phone call to a company that had the barrel sitting on a shelf and had my barrel 5 days later. :)

And I'm a target crown guy for rimfire. No need to stress that muzzle for muzzle devices I don't need.