• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fail Zero Carrier

widnerkj

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2010
MA.
www.ar15.com
Anyone else try one of these? I'm sort of dissapointed.

I have exactally 10 rounds through the rifle. I broke everything down to smear a little oil inside. (I live in New England, so now it's something to do often.) And I noticed the finish looks like it's flakeing off of the gas key. I tried to get some pictures, but it's sort of hard to see.

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

The finish of the carrier I'm kind of dissapointed with as well. It's slipery as advertised, but is covered with machineing marks. Any one have a similar expiriance with these?

Re: Fail Zero Carrier

Apparently they don't need to be polished either. Straight off the mill and into your gun. I'll pass...

I was changeing the gas rings, and oiling the barrel. I'm thinking I'm just gonna stick with Young MFG carriers in the future.

The name drove me off from it
wink.gif
. I like Young NM in my gun too, especially if you run a can.

I thought their "EXO" coating was gonna be NP3 under a diffrent name. I was wrong. Well, time to order new carrier, and send it to robar.

It's sitting in a Rainier arms upper. With a mega billet charging handle, a WOA 18" barrel, and a Vtac handguard.

And before anyone jumps on me about their lifetime warranty, who ever buys it, can send it in to get refinnished.

Mine seemed pretty good. But, I didn't test it too hard.