• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft FAIL!!!

Averagejoe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2008
Behind You!!!
Not sure if this has been posted but I thought it was great...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X1bwTdCxGVg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X1bwTdCxGVg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: FAIL!!!

seen it but still awsome.....thats what happens when you use 40 year old corroding mortars in a old ass tube.....and when you try to kill americans

karma is a bitch, eh?

How can you not believe God has a sense of irony with stuff like this around?

And this is only the stuff we have video evidence of, the epic failures that we'll never know about would astound us, I'm sure.

A buddy was telling me about how on his first tour they once found the charred remains of an insurgent who from from what they could tell tried igniting a katousha rocket with a bic lighter lol,

Too bad for him. One less terrorist to worry about.

lol, natural selection at work.

I've been looking for a really intense video I saw on liveleak maybe two years ago. This isn't one to joke about, really, it was Iraqi militia who were killed. The video was the chopper cam of two apaches circling a truck of Iraqi militia working with the US forces. The milia went out to the road to dig up an IED someone had reported. I think it was like a 20-lb artillery shell the insurgents had rigged up and buried.

So you see these 4-5 guys digging in the middle of the road, you can hear the helicopter pilots (or UAV operator?) talking as they watch the cameras. There are 3-4 more guys holding a perimeter around the site in the brush and back by the truck. The guys are digging and BOOM! HUGE explosion, the camera zooms out, huge cloud of smoke. When it clears, the 4-5 guys digging had been vaporized, literally, all that was left was a huge crater. They must have accidentally triggered it, it was determined.

One of the Iraqis fires off a mag from his AK in frustration, their buddies are walking around, frustrated as hell. The pilots are going "HOLEEEEE SHIT." in disbelief.

It's a pretty startling video. I can't seem to find it though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rescueswimmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This one
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cd2_1229873323
</div></div>

Thanks man, how did you find it?

It's kinda funny how the surviving volunteers react. At first they're really upset and the one is shooting off his AK in frustration. And then they're like well, grab their AKs.

It's also slightly unsettling how many times our guys said "dude", I felt like I was listening to some frat boys play Halo or something.

I recall reading that the CIA sabatoged some NVA munitions during the Vietnam War. I wonder if that has happened in Iraq. Just wondering.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joker59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That Raghead got what was coming to him!! Sweet deal</div></div>

If you were referencing OP video- we all get whats coming to us, eventually...

if to the IED vid and the gypsy EOD band...

those "ragheads" were Iraqi Militia...and most likely former sunni insurgents who went over to the US/Coalition side and many times fight more bravely than the piss ant IA.

Similar to the Kit Carson Viet Scouts in 'Nam.

They were for all intensive purposes- the good guys... better than most Iraqi military at least.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cavscout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joker59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That Raghead got what was coming to him!! Sweet deal</div></div>

If you were referencing OP video- we all get whats coming to us, eventually...

if to the IED vid and the gypsy EOD band...

those "ragheads" were Iraqi Militia...and most likely former sunni insurgents who went over to the US/Coalition side and many times fight more bravely than the piss ant IA.

Similar to the Kit Carson Viet Scouts in 'Nam.

They were for all intensive purposes- the good guys... better than most Iraqi military at least. </div></div>

Yeah I saw that too and I was about to say something but he was more than likely just referring to the OP, given he said "raghead" and not ragheads.

I was about to be like:

1232405485792.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A buddy was telling me about how on his first tour they once found the charred remains of an insurgent who from from what they could tell tried igniting a katousha rocket with a bic lighter lol, </div></div>One of these? If so, wow.

I was in an over watch post of a fob i was on and we saw a guy walking across the dry river bed right for the gate. Nothing odd. But he had his hands in his pockets.

He gets about halfway across the wide riverbed and stumbles a step. Then we saw him frantically dancing around and reaching in his pockets again. Then POOF. He disappeared.

Turns out he had a grenade in his pocket that he had pulled the pin on and was holding down the spoon while walking nearly half a mile across rough terrain. When he tripped he threw his hands out to balance himself and let go of the spoon.

Darwin at work if I ever saw it.

This was Iraq in 2003 by the way.

Excellent result.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Munimula</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was in an over watch post of a fob i was on and we saw a guy walking across the dry river bed right for the gate. Nothing odd. But he had his hands in his pockets.

He gets about halfway across the wide riverbed and stumbles a step. Then we saw him frantically dancing around and reaching in his pockets again. Then POOF. He disappeared.

Turns out he had a grenade in his pocket that he had pulled the pin on and was holding down the spoon while walking nearly half a mile across rough terrain. When he tripped he threw his hands out to balance himself and let go of the spoon.

Darwin at work if I ever saw it.

This was Iraq in 2003 by the way. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charlie_Foxtrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if he'll get any virgins for this. </div></div>

Yeah, too bad their all men. lol

I guess not all old Warsaw Pact weapons last forever without maintenance. I bet they try to put it back together for another time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TalkingBush</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A buddy was telling me about how on his first tour they once found the charred remains of an insurgent who from from what they could tell tried igniting a katousha rocket with a bic lighter lol, </div></div>One of these? If so, wow. </div></div>

Yep, They used to launch them at us all the time, I hated getting caught out in the open because I could never tell where they were coming from and would just run for the nearest bunker and hope for the best. I had a few close calls with mortars but thankfully the nearest rocket landed about 150 yards from me.

another company in our Bn had 2 guys try to drive up to their FOB on a motorcycle with an IED in the passengers backpack, the thing blew before they got close enough to do any damage. Hilarious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charlie_Foxtrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're might be a consolation virgin or two, but they're really fat and hairy vrigins or something. </div></div>

They get male virgins when they self-bomb

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: win70chris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess not all old Warsaw Pact weapons last forever without maintenance. I bet they try to put it back together for another time. </div></div>

Yeah, with Duct tape. Like that 'bolt action' AK47!

N

when i was in ramadi the iraqi police confirmed this happend at what was the Warar police station (mortar fail), kinda funny how they knew that, but still great to see another shithead removed from the gene pool.