• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Failed Tikka T3 Custom stock

lavaspit

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2011
Northern Califronia
www.p4rse.com
For now Im going to leave companies name out of it because I'm not entirely sure at what sate this project fell apart. In any case I commissioned a small company to mold a thumb-hole stock for my Tikka T3. i was pretty excited or the 7 months that it took to get the thing dipped and painted. When it finally came back, it was battleship gray. Thy and completely ignored my constant, vigilant check-in emails about paint mixing. I cross referenced Pantone colors, and even made tint suggestions hoping for something asphalt but just slightly different.

Anyway, there are several directions I can go now. I immediately realized that I don't care bout a thumb-hole as the primary feature. I am liking what I see with GRS systems, an d some of the other tactical stocks floating around on this site. I especially would like to accomplish getting a PRS buttstock and some rails on this rifle. basically an AR10 with a bolt action.

So the question is - do I commission a new stock or just sell / trade this literally untouched Tikka for something that suits me better from the start, like an AR10.

It seems like even though bolt action rifles are s smle in function and theory, it gets really complicated when you start trying to modify them, and when you try to reach out. I have a Luepold Mark 4 tactical scope and an expensive muzzle break (?) which should add a lot of value to the trade. A really great upper, an integrated PRS / Magpul lower, and heavy barrel AR10, or even a basic SIG 716 would make me really happy at this point.

Thoughts? What would Jesus do in this situation? I may post this same bit in the by/sell/trade section just to see what kind of response I get so moderators, please don't trow a flash-bang in my bathroom.

Re: Failed Tikka T3 Custom stock

Im not sure I am understanding your problem. Did they get the color of the stock wrong? If so, why cant a paint job fix that? Likewise, a bolt gun will never be an AR 308, and vicaversa.

PS....most would read this as a for sale ad, which you do not have the minimum required # of posts to sell on here, might want to edit that little tid bit out before you get banned.

If your only issue with the stock is color then just get it painted. It also sounds like you never gave the company an exact color just suggestions and an idea.

If you wanted to have ar-10 like egronomics in a bolt gun just go look for a chassis like the XLR that will fit your tikka rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B3dlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If you wanted to have ar-10 like egronomics in a bolt gun just go look for a chassis like the XLR that will fit your tikka rifle. </div></div>

+17. Get an XLR for your Tikka.

Next time I have the cash I will probably get an XLR, or something in the GRS family. This is why Im wondering if I should drop this project and save my money.

I gave them VERY specific color specifications, swatches, reference, etc, to the point where they asked me to please stop writign about it.

I dont know why they aren't offering to just repaint it. Maybe the thickness would start to get in the way of tolerances.

Beyond the horrible paint job it looks like crap.

I would like to trade the Tikka if I cant sort this out but I didn't realize there were such tight constraints on this site. How many posts do you need to buy . sell / trade?

Thanks all. [img:center][/img]

Thats...not TERRIBLE, I mean, look at it as a starting point..

Slap on some stencils and a few other colors, you could have a nice urban camo or something...