• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Failure to feed with Tikka T3 308

DamnDave

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
California
I got a Tikka T3 Tactical in 308 from another member here. The rifle is in great condition and shoots awesome.

The problem is loading from the magazine. The magazine does not lock in place all the way up. The front of the mag is angled down maybe 1/8".

Everything is factory except for the stock. It has the Tikka Varmint stock instead of the Tactical. It seems the stock is the problem as it holds the magazine in place.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Pic shows the gap.
9300413566_ac2edd057e_c.jpg

Pic shows no gap when I hold the magazine up.
9297628797_ef98418e6f_c.jpg

Only Time I've seen this on Tikka's is when people play with stocks and don't get the recoil lug seated in the slot on the receiver before they bolt it together. Remove the action bolts, and see if you can move the action forward and back. When the lug doesn't seat the front of the receiver sits about 1/8" high.

I agree with above, I have several factory stocks and they all interchange and fit my rifles perfectly. Carefully pull the recoil lug out and seat the stock without the lug (just to see if it fits correctly). If someone botched a bedding job or maybe using an aftermarket recoil lug that is not correct to spec.

Sometimes seating the stock can be a pain as the lug will not properly align with the slot under the receiver. You can pull the lug, turn the barrel action upside down, place the lug into the receiver slot then seat the stock onto the barreled action.

Again, use care in pulling the lug as it is made of aluminum, some come out easy, some dont. If you are not careful you will score the crap out of it with pliers. You can find stainless steel ones on the bay or KRG-ops Welcome to KRG

Last edited:
Only Time I've seen this on Tikka's is when people play with stocks and don't get the recoil lug seated in the slot on the receiver before they bolt it together. Remove the action bolts, and see if you can move the action forward and back. When the lug doesn't seat the front of the receiver sits about 1/8" high.

You were absolutely correct. I took the action out and made sure the recoil lug was in securely and then tightened everything up. Works A-OK now!

Thanks