• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fake Documents bust in Houston

MikeeBooshay

Recoil Sponge
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2009
Houston TX and Hackberry LA
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7123449.html

<span style="color: #000099">Federal agents on Saturday raided a Houston flea market and arrested 18 suspects wanted in connection with selling fraudulent documents, authorities said.

More than 100 federal agents and local police served the federal arrest warrants Saturday afternoon at the Sunny Flea Market, located on Airline Drive near Gulf Bank Road. The members of a multi-agency anti-fraud task force piled out of unmarked trucks and vans around 2 p.m.

Witnesses reported that some agents screamed "Don't run!" in Spanish as people fled the flea market.

Michael Feinberg, the acting special agent in charge for investigations for Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Houston, declined to provide details on Saturday about the specific type of document fraud the suspects were accused of committing, saying they were selling a "variety of IDs."

Lance Solano, a 29-year-old illegal immigrant from Guerrero, Mexico, said he was at the flea market shopping for phone cards when he heard yelling and saw the agents pouring out of vehicles. Solano said he was detained with the other shoppers for about 20 minutes.

"They checked my (Mexican) consular ID card, and then they let me go," Solano said.

Feinberg said agents were targeting only the suspects identified in the criminal arrest warrants and were not making immigration arrests at the flea market.

Saturday's arrests mark the first large-scale investigation for Houston's ICE-led Document and Benefit Fraud Task Force, one of 19 nationwide. The local task force includes HPD, the Department of Public Safety and several federal agencies, Feinberg said.

From April 2006 through January 2010, ICE's fraud task forces initiated more than 2,474 investigations, helped bring about 1,681 indictments and 2,020 criminal arrests, and resulted in 1,493 convictions, according to the agency.

Feinberg said document fraud is an agency priority because it could potentially involve a "national security vulnerability" if someone who is a "high threat" assumes a false identity.</span>

It is past time that the gov't addressed this. We hire lots of folks, you would not believe the amount of fake docs people try to get hired with.

FWIW, we check them out at the gov't website, you don't match, you don't work here. Our payroll company also checks, you don't match, they won't issue you a check. You get that warning when you apply here. One thing for sure, it has improved the quality of our workforce.

And we drug test, half the applicants can't pass, and it is NOT a tough test.

I'd be interested in hearing from somer of ya'll - how do YOU handle employment testing?

Re: Fake Documents bust in Houston

and how soon will YOUR ID be stolen?
I am just waiting for it to hit me again. It will happen sooner or later in Texas because some asshole at Corps Of Engineers lost a Hard Drive with every single Combat, Corp of, and other Military 'Engineer's' data on it last year. I suspect if anyone who served as an Engineer, went to an Engineer school or anything like that over the past 15 years their data was on it as well. It was supposed to encompass the entirety of the Corp Of, and 12B/21B series individuals going back to 1992

From what I have been told by a couple of LEOs, many illegal aliens... err, I mean undocumented residents believe that is where everyone goes to get their ID from.

They also make a lot of fake insurance cards for vehicle registration and proof of insurance. Something I deal with on a regular basis.

Its really too bad they had to let the Illegals go . I mean I don't mind if they let them go 3 miles from shore somewhere in the gulf that closer to Mexico than the US but to just turn them loose on the streets of Houston is a crying shame .

Switch, it is NOT funny you mention ID stolen. I had my CC info swiped at a local place here, they withdrew a LOT of money before I stopped it, when the account ran dry... they got a bunch of my guys too.

wanna know the sad part.. could NOT get LE to respond. FInally got my bank to get a special investigator on it. In the county, not city, they said it was priority 3, see if I could call back next week.

I was just looking for a pair of ostrich boots like these

IMG_0161.jpg

they asked what was I doing, and I replied "I'm looking to buy myself some new choose" then they let me go, it's messed up. They took my tamales connection/insurance lady.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mikee Booshay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">agents screamed "Don't run!" in Spanish as people fled the flea market.

</div></div>

'bout sums that up...

Took them a while. People I went to high school with were going there to get fake ID's and that was 10 or more years ago. Nothing like living in a sanctuary city.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mikee Booshay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Switch, it is NOT funny you mention ID stolen. I had my CC info swiped at a local place here, they withdrew a LOT of money before I stopped it, when the account ran dry... they got a bunch of my guys too.

wanna know the sad part.. could NOT get LE to respond. FInally got my bank to get a special investigator on it. In the county, not city, they said it was priority 3, see if I could call back next week. </div></div>

No joke here on it, been there done it but it wasn't bad back then because we didn't have any cc's. Jose wetbackeh stole my ID for unemployment benies and I only found out because I had to draw it while I was an apprentice and couldn't because I 'had been drawing for three months'. A few good men, a little ass whoopin(term used lightly) and problem solved.