• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ? fake Leupold

Re: ? fake Leupold

Yes that is a fake one. Look at the second photo and it has the markings that Leupold has posted on their site as counterfeit.

Click value = 1/4 ft ......
confused.gif

AWSOME

If the serial number is all 0's or 8's or they refuse to show it, if it comes in a white box with ugly goofy rubbery scope covers, if it is red and green, if the lettering just looks off, then you can safely assume it's fake.

I see lots of fakes on ebay and sometimes I wonder about it because even when the serial number is visible people still bid on them to real price levels...

710 bucks...farrk, someone didnt do their research. Heaps of dodgy shit on the internet if you dont know what to look for, or how to do research.

Had a go at the girlfriend the other day for getting scamed on two purchases, lucky they were not expensive.

Pete

pretty easy to see its a fake,

I do not think I could bring myself to buy any high end optic on eBay, to many scammers and thief's these days

Depends who it is from i spose. Alot of vendors also sell on ebay, optics planet for example. So if you research the company selling the stuff, you should nut out if its dodgy or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends who it is from i spose. Alot of vendors also sell on ebay, optics planet for example. So if you research the company selling the stuff, you should nut out if its dodgy or not. </div></div>

Euro Optics is another good company that sells on Ebay.

You have to be VERY careful on eBay. I sent a message to eBay, I believe about that very scope, about it being a fake when bidding was in the low $600s and they did nothing about it so I guess they don't really care as long as they're getting money and not losing it.

Several months ago, I bid on and won a S&B PM II on eBay at an excellent price. I paid by PayPal promptly and within a very shot time, got a message from the seller with some BS about not being able to take that amount in his PayPal account and requesting a wire transfer to his bank. Going around the PayPal system like that is of course a violation of eBay rules and if I had done so, my money would have been gone forever with no recourse for me.

As it turned out, I never got the scope and I did get all of my money back though it took 2 or 3 weeks to wind through the PayPal refund process.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grumulkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have to be VERY careful on eBay. I sent a message to eBay, I believe about that very scope, about it being a fake when bidding was in the low $600s and they did nothing about it so I guess they don't really care as long as they're getting money and not losing it.

</div></div>

Ebay does not give a shit if their users get ripped off. They are slow to pull a listing when reported and don't shut down the seller even after repeated violations. They went to court ,and won, saying they are not responsible for all the counterfeits they allow to be sold.

A buddy of mine got one and he had me install it on his 700 Rem 7mm Mag cant wait until he tries it and i wanna see the crosshair to twist from the recoil hehe

I got one also -imported into NZ by a Chinese guy which i bought off a on line trading site .He never said it was a leupold but it was marked a such with clicks soft enough to be a touch from a woman that loves ya .Acceptable Glass but I haven't had it on a rifle that has accuracy acceptable to test -ie it was on a Russian Tigr

since the serial number is 8888 that would be the first clue and then it gets worst from there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HOLY HELL!!! $710 for a FAKE!!! Dumb bastard!!</div></div>

Don't rule out guys bidding on it just to keep others from winning and then never paying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HOLY HELL!!! $710 for a FAKE!!! Dumb bastard!!</div></div>

Don't rule out guys bidding on it just to keep others from winning and then never paying. </div></div>

Hadn't thought of it that way, but that's very true!
wink.gif

The reticule is not a dead giveaway that it is fake. Leup offered diff color ill. ret through there custom shop. There was one on here last year that had an almost pinkish/purple ill Ret but was Gen leup. Not sure if they still do it or not but it was an option at one time or another.

Is a shame to see someone get fooked though hopefully it will get shill bid