• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon 1.5-5 won't hold zero

1MoreAR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2006
North Atlanta,GA
I got the Falcon 1.5-5 with mil/mil from RW Snyder about a week ago. I was very exciting about it and put it on my DS Arms FAL with American Defense mount.
This morning I went to the range and zero in the FAL. After 5 rounds I be able to get it on the 2" dot. I was thinking" o.k 2 clicks down and 2 clicks left". Well, the next shot was no where close to the little 2" dot, it was 6" up and 6" right.
I was " wow,may be I pull this one". Next shot was 9 o'clock 2" outside the dot.
I double check the mounts and re torque the screws. I changed the ammo from German DAG to Prvi partisan, same result. The shots just all over the paper. I removed the scope from the FAL and put it on my AR-15, same result.
I just e-mail RW Snyder and I hope this is the only bad one.

Re: Falcon 1.5-5 won't hold zero

If you got the same results switching rifles then it's either your mount/rings, (which you said you checked and assuming the rifles were stable) your shooting, or the scope.

RW has treated me well, I am sure they will help you out.

i'm waiting for them to come in am going to order one fir my 17mach2 i hope this was a one time problem he just told me he wont have more for a week or two

I may or may not have the same problem, I am going shooting again tomorrow to see what the deal is. I have mine mounted on my M1A EBR and used M118 ammo. I put about 40 rounds downrange to sight it in but it never really got there. I would do the adjustments but the rounds never got to where they were supposed to be. I will try again tomorrow to see if I have the same problem.