• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Falcon 4-14x44 on a 452 Varmint:

zzzzzzzz

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Tried to sell something on here and found out I haven't accumulated enough posts in 1 year of membership. So here is an applicable post considering I discovered the Falcon on SH. Couldn't ask for a better fit.

Rings are Burris Signature Zee 30mm Medium
Rimfire Technologies 11mm x Weaver 20moa Adapter Rail
Falcon Menace mrad/mrad 4-14x44

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG

IMG_1387.JPG

Re: Falcon 4-14x44 on a 452 Varmint:

Whose rail?

I have a 452 and a Savage, the Savage has a Falcon 4-14 like yours on it but I like the 452 better.

I like them. I have two used. One was used quite a bit and upgraded and the other was on a closet queen. Both track well and are just fine for a rimfire. I will see soon if it is up to shooting high power rifles to 1K. I have mounted one on the rifle I built for my sons. I have a place to shoot to 85o yards here. The rifle needs 9 mil to 1k. and I wonder if the falcon has the elevation to make it even with a 20moa base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: valmet76</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whose rail?

I have a 452 and a Savage, the Savage has a Falcon 4-14 like yours on it but I like the 452 better.</div></div>
Rimfire Technologies. This is my favorite rimfire. I still haven't shot it past 100m, which was the idea behind the optics setup. 20moa on the rail, around 15moa in the rings, and 30mm tube give me plenty of elevation.

Thanks for the fitment pics/list!
Timing is all, as I am looking into a scope to make my 452 the lil bro to my 550, and decent mildot reticles that also set down to 50ft for my close by indoor range are a very short list.

No problem. I love the reticle on the falcon. I got the skeleton/lines reticle - don't remember what it is called.

Thanks for the post, i am thinking of putting a Falcon 4-14x44 on my CZ 22 as well and its good to see how nicely your base/rings combo came out. just curious, do you have enough room to put on a pair of Butler Creek caps? and how tight is the bolt throw against the ocular end? i know that dodging that high bolt is always the challenge on CZs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wrighty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the post, i am thinking of putting a Falcon 4-14x44 on my CZ 22 as well and its good to see how nicely your base/rings combo came out. just curious, do you have enough room to put on a pair of Butler Creek caps? and how tight is the bolt throw against the ocular end? i know that dodging that high bolt is always the challenge on CZs. </div></div>
I would say about 2-3mm clearance on both the objective and ocular. Maybe you could get the caps on with a little plastic shaved off, but you'd be better off with a little more clearance I think.