• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon 5-25 FFP METRIC DEMO SCOPE OWNERS......

TresMon

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2007
NW USA
Fellas with this scope....

Set up a metal 4' straight edge "yardstick" [Lowe's] or something with inches you can read through the scope @ 100 and see how many inches 5 mils covers....

I'm getting about 18.5"..... is it just mine or do these scopes have "fat mils" ??

I'm overall extremely happy with the scope and highly suggest it.

Re: Falcon 5-25 FFP METRIC DEMO SCOPE OWNERS......

aw come on, sombody help a brother out, and Falcon needs feedback....

I'll play conspiracy hypothesis
smile.gif
There seems to be more than a few guys with "demo" units and it's odd that they don't want to reveal the details of their demo or how they got them.

Even more odd is the one UK place that's selling one of it's unused demos, that's usually a huge no no, especially pre-production.

That out of the way I've always wondered with FFP scopes how accurate the mils are. With a variable most are not perfect on the power they are supposed to be but at least you can remark the power ring where they are accurate. If they are not right on a FFP you are SOL.

TODDM,

I will be happy to tell you my story on getting a pre-production 5-25x FFP Falcon.....

I really, really appreciate companies who offer a great product, that the lower end blue collar guy can afford. Enter Falcon Optics.

I got a Falcon Menace 4.x-18. I was very happy with the scope. It was the best quality tactical scope I could afford. And it fit the bill nicely.

So I wrote them an e-mail:
I expressed these facts and thanked them for not gouging as far as product/pricing goes.

I then made in writing a suggestion for a new scope:

More magnification (I don't have the best eyes)
FFP
Mil/mil
etc.

I got a reply back saying such a scope was in the works....

That was late last summer....
I stayed in contact with Falcon and stayed after them for the scope.... I'd say it's safe to say I was the first person on the waiting list....

I have no idea what/how others got one but that's my story.

Falcon has great products, great prices, and unbelievable customer service.

I am pretty much trying the same way you did tresmon.
A little while ago I sent Falcon a message asking if there's anything I can do on my end in order to try the demo.
I hope to get some kind of reply, good or bad.

Same here, but on a 5.5-25x50. About 6 weeks to a full production
model they said...not much more expensive than a 4.5-18x56...

That went really fast with the response to Falcon, started out Monday this week, and already been in Email contact with them 3 times...

To quote TresMon....

Falcon has great products, great prices, and unbelievable customer service.

+1 on that..
cool.gif

Heres what I got..

Palle

In answer to your questions.

Yes it will be a final production model with one piece tube, saddle and objective section combined.

Reticle choice are Enhanced Mil Dot and ML16. Non IR. Reticle details on our 4-14x44FFP page.

Adjustment range will be 18.0MRAD with 6.0MRAD per turn.

We will let you know as soon as we have one to offer you.

Best Regards

Nick W

Falcon Optics

That's great news on the one piece tube!

Keep up the good work...

I tested mine again yesterday. I did it when I got it, but I went ahead and checked. I got a 3.05 mils on a 11 inch piece of paper at a confirmed 100yds. Mine is good to go.

I also put it on my TAC-50, because people kept requesting a .50. I zeroed the weapon in 3 shots and noticed the scope was actually sitting on the barrel for 3 shots(rings were not tall enough). I adjusted the scope and lost eye relief. Shot 7 more times and confirmed zero. There will be no more .50 shooting until a suppressor arrives and my gun returns from Gap.

Can someone clarify,

If the objective 50mm or is it 56??

I hope it is 50!!

Thanks

How would you compare the falcon menace scopes with the burris scopes (of similar price range).

The glass on better than any mark 4 leupold I have owned, the adjustments a very positive and firm. Overall build quality is top notch. I am going to get out to the range next week and give mine a run for the money on my 260 rem.

would some one do a box drill( move scope up, then right, then down, then left, all the same amount of clicks) to see how these track. i am thinking about getting a new scope and i am interested in these for the price...i think at any price the first thing that a "Tactical" scope has to do is track.

please let know what info you guys come up with.

thanks

not to burst your bubble, or to seem like im calling you dumb, but are you doing 100 yards or meters for you "fat mil" check?

I want to trade my Burris 4200 tactical for one of these!

Does anybody care to share a couple of pictures? Also was wondering how the eye relief is on higher magnification? Would also be interested in the box test as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnCalloway</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know the exact date that these scopes are supposed to be coming out? </div></div>

Palle

We don't have a firm date on when we will have a 50mm model to offer you. I would guess within around 6 weeks. They are scheduled for a May release.

Kind Regards

Nick W

Falcon Optics

That was 1 week ago...

Ok thanks, I can't wait until they come out. I wonder if they will have trouble keeping up with the demand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnCalloway</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok thanks, I can't wait until they come out. I wonder if they will have trouble keeping up with the demand. </div></div>

I bet they sell out quick. I know I want one also.

I'm anxious to get my hands on one for a budget rifle. Kind of curious to see how the combo will shoot
smile.gif

Initial Box test came out perfectly fine.

Also I shot a 100%-4x @ 1000 yds. with my mine on my AR Monday night.

i will get a figure on eye relief.

AR15003Medium.jpg

Yea I am waiting for these to come out too! I have a brand new 5r that is waiting to be shot. So I hope they come out soon!!!