• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FALCON 5-25?

xxsjj2007xx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2009
Walworth, Wisconsin
Can anyone tell me anything about the release date. I am a little premature about the whole thing and getting too worked up. WTF, when can we see or hear anyting. Not trying to stir anything up or piss anyone off. I am just like a little kid and excided thats all.Thanks

Re: FALCON 5-25?

There is a pre-order going on in the Group Buy section right now I believe. You want a first run, you better take a look.

Can anyone speak from experience as to the quality of these scopes, and if they are good, what is going to be the cost for the 5-25. Also Augeredln how do you get to the group buy section? Thanks

Tex1970,

I have a review that I'm going to release here this weekend on a pre-production 5.5-25x56. Not sure how it'll match up to the production models though.

Falcon 5.5-25 quality:

I got one of the very first pre-production models. I have fired about 500+ rounds plus from under the scope. My overall opinion is this is -the- tactical scope for the money. Dollar for dollar you can't get a nicer scope.

I have owned most makers scopes in the Falcon's price range, and it's by far the best. Tracking is precise and repeatable. Click values are pretty much dead on. Box test comes out right. Len's quality is good.

Knob detents are tactile and audible (though quiet.)

Side focus is effective, good feel- spot on.

No POA drift as the power ring is turned

Fit and finish is flawless.

Included flip up lens covers are good quality, over the "marginal quality" older flip ups they provided with my old 18x Falcon.

Falcon customer service is great (Thanks Nick!) and timely.

I have shot NRA 1000 yd and 600 yd f-class targets with this set up, and could have done no better with 3x more costly optics. My wee little AR and this scope is easily holding 1 minute @ 600 in switchy winds- and my load development with my current bullet has just begun/ not final.

At range, when a environmental condition changes and stabilizes, I can mil read where my last shot went, and dial on that exact correction in the .1 Mil turrets and the shot will be were it's supposed to be with no mental math- One of my favorite attributes of a mil reticle/ mil adjustment scope.

Can't say enough about my Falcon. I'd put it up against the scopes in the next two higher price tiers.

sound like you are a fairly experienced optics afficionado. so, generally speaking, are production models usually superior to the demos?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tex1970</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can anyone speak from experience as to the quality of these scopes, and if they are good, what is going to be the cost for the 5-25. Also Augeredln how do you get to the group buy section? Thanks</div></div> i've heard they should be under 500bucks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDR911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there going to be another group buy or where can they be purchased from? </div></div>

there is one going on right now in the groupbuy section

I was told by the Guys at Falcon that odds are the only difference between a pre-production scope and a final unit would be cosmetic. (Finish type/shade, printed numbering/lettering, etc.)

Don't get me wrong I'm HAPPY with my individual unit, ** I assume production models will be better than demo units floating around.**
I say this only because I think logic says the further down the production lot of the scope you get the better. It just gives more time for any bugs in ANY type manufactured product time to show up and be corrected. This is a brand new product...

But having said that.... I can find no flaw in my individual unit, and have put it through all the measurements, and put it through the paces.

This scope really shines, except it's matte finish
wink.gif

Glock63:

In conversations w/ Nick @ Falcon they do extensive real world test with their optics on a variety of rifles, including .338Laps, and IIRC .50's. So I'd say it's easily .50 rated.

Besides, the whole ".50 rated" thing is misleading. I have shot a few different 50's, and they are by FAR milder (recoil) than ultra light hunting rifles in conventional magnum cartridges. Give me the recoil of a 20+lb. .50 cal with a break over a 5lb. Win mag ANY DAY!!

I knew I should have waited.... I LOVE my 4-14 but shoulda waited for the 5-25, guess next summer I'll "upgrade".

Any word on the 5-25 with IR reticle?

Sounds like this might be the scope I need for my 50. Someday I will have a Nightforce, but just cant make it happen right now.

In the FFP model the reticule stays the same size/proportion to the target throughout the power range. So it's as usable at whatever power as it is at whatever other power.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was told by the Guys at Falcon that odds are the only difference between a pre-production scope and a final unit would be cosmetic. (Finish type/shade, printed numbering/lettering, etc.)

</div></div>

Ypu sure about that? I thought the production model was supposed to have a 1 piece tube........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In the FFP model the reticule stays the same size/proportion to the target throughout the power range. So it's as usable at whatever power as it is at whatever other power.

</div></div> i personally have not used a ffp yet, but some people have told me that at low magnification the reticle can sometimes get too thin and high magnification too thick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ironhq</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div> i personally have not used a ffp yet, but some people have told me that at low magnification the reticle can sometimes get too thin and high magnification too thick </div></div>

Yes, it gets really thin at 5.5x, but I would not call it unusable. Just buy one from RWS and you will be happy. I'm using it on my 300, and it can handle it. My only complaint is the turrets are the size of door knobs...
laugh.gif

-Pat