• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon 5-25x Failure

AlterEgo

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2008
Well, my 5-25 falcon died today, couldn't turn the mag ring but a little bit and the reticle twists with it now-- in addition to shift of reticle. Great.

Anyone else had issues with these scopes?

Re: Falcon 5-25x Failure

yep, my 4-14 did the same thing. was it cold? mine worked fine till the first time i took it out below freezing.

It happens with the Falcons (unfortunately more often than it should). I got dinged earlier this year when mine crapped out after about 3mo of use.

There are a couple different threads floating around now on the Falcon failures, etc.

Yeah, I searched around and saw a couple of threads, but they were more like 1 year down the road things.

The interesting thing is that I had a ~.500 group going, and the last shot was a flyer ~1" high or so. Didn't think I pulled it either. hmmm

I used a 4-14 at the international. It was attatched to a POF P308 and the f&#king reticle twisted 5 or so degrees on the second day! It still seamed to track accurately but talk about loosing your warm and fussy.

Is falcon servicing these scopes?

I have a 4-14 that I like very much...still working well though I have not been using it on my "heavy use" rifles.

Pretty sure they would be under warranty.

I have had four T50B prototypes to test, they are only 1 1/2 mile from me.

I ordered a 5-25x50 from Matt @ Wonders Optics a couple months ago. When I was out shooting I noticed that when I turned the power ring to the highest and lowest settings, the retical would cant. I contacted Matt and got the scope sent back and waited for replacement. When I received the replacement I put it up for sale because I needed the money for personal reasons. While browsing the web I came across threads where people were having problems with canting reticals. So I took the scope and mounted it to a rifle, looked at the white wall at the end of the hallway and sure enough, the damn retical would cant when you turned the power ring at any setting. So it went back to Matt. Now I'm waitng for him to send me a new 12x44 WOTAC mil/mil.

Very disapointed with Falcon.

It was on a FAL for a while, then on my DPMS pattern 308.

Definitely canted reticla...