• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon 5.5-25x50 GTG.

palle2612

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
Denmark. Thats Europe
1 Hour 31 minutes ago I got a mail from Nick Watts from Falcon Optics. The production model is ready for delivery.

I AM HAPPY.....

grin.gif
grin.gif

Re: Falcon 5.5-25x50 GTG.

Got my pre-order in already... looking forward to it.
I'm not in a rush. Sure, I'm anxious, but not in a rush.

I'm just wondering if they're ever going to put their dang web site back up - it's been a "temporarily unavailable, will be back up shortly" message for nearly a month.
I HAD hoped to compare some specs on their different scopes...

Gotta hustle up and bed the rifle and get it's mount on to get 'er ready for the new glass :)

Any group buys going to happen?

I'd like to have one but am on a leash after all of my post Obama spending. Being unemployed for 6 months didn't help either.

The only thing i dont like about mine is the eye releif. it is a bit short, I bet it is around 2". You wouldnt want to have this scope on a 300mag. Mine is a prototype. i only hope the production models have better eye releif!! Lee

So am I. The say about up till 10 days before they give green light.
Just made a End consumer paper yesterday, just to make sure that I dont mount the thing on a missle or other nuclear devices!!!! Mann, give me a break. I WANT IT NOW (British Gov. NOT Falcon, as always their Customer support is amazing.)

Has Falcon confirmed what (if any) changes they made to the production model scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerrad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who's going with the 56 vs the 50? </div></div>

Im thinking about it. With lower/mid range optics, I'll take all the clarity, brightness and definition I can get.

I'm trying to decide between this scope and the 4-14x44.

I was looking at the SS in 20 and everyone said the mirage would make shooting unenjoyable.

Its better to have the extra magnification and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

its nice to have adjustment ...i have a falcon 4-14 with ml16 reticle. went shootin last weekend with a couple guys that have nightforce and schmidt n bender on their guns, we all switched rifles and checked each others gear out, and the falcon held its own...they were pretty surprised how clear it was and just how precisely it tracked. you probably can't take it off and beat someone down with it and expect it to hold zero like a nf, i'd still say you get more scope than what you pay for with it.

anyone know what the street price is going to be and if the aded any othe reticle options

I payed 329.99 GBP (British Pound) and then some 4 delivery. It's not that much more, than a 4.5-18x56. Eye relief should be 88 mm at 25x they say, other than than that, no changes to pre prodution model. Turrets same, single tube same. Forgot to ask about Iluminated reticle and choices, Enhanced mil-dot and ML-16 currently.

Palle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palle2612</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Turrets same, single tube same.
Palle</div></div>
I thought the pre production model was a 2 piece tube.

I would LOVE to see one with an IR. But I won't want to wait for it to come out. Rather put this one on, shoot out my barrel, then rebarrel and put a NF on it.

I have not had the need for IR........ever. My other rifle has a IR scope on it, and I have yet to use the IR. If its too dark to see the ret, its too dark to make the shot IMO. To each his own though.

Received news that my order should be ready for shipping by the end of the week. So hopefully they will not be delayed over here in US customs for long and if all goes as planned have them by the end of next week.

Thanks Robert. These things sure are taking their sweet time.

I sure would like to hear from some of the people that have them, how do they compare to the pre-production model as far as knobs and glass are concerned.