• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon Menace 4-14x44 or Wotac 4-14x50?

robertg

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2009
NJ
I have received plenty of feedback on how great the Falcon is. But how about some feedback on the Wotac, and which would be better. After doing some initial looking I think I am still leaning towards the Falcon, but would like to see if anyone has some experience with both and can help me make my decision. Thanks for any input.

Re: Falcon Menace 4-14x44 or Wotac 4-14x50?

Also, do these scopes have resettable zeros?

No one has first hand experience with both that can give an opinion?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SEARCH! </div></div>

What he said. These scopes have been covered in depth.

I have a Falcon and love it, I just got a Wotac in the mail yesterday, I haven't had a chance to get it to the range yet, but just by looking at it, I can tell I'm going to like it. I ordered it Thursday afternoon and it showed up Monday...pretty good considering Easter weekend.

The glass is as clear if not clearer than my Falcon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: robertg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, do these scopes have resettable zeros? </div></div>

Yes

i have a WO TAC on my 10/22. the glass is better than the falcon. plus i like the moa/moa matching turrets/reticle

Thanks for the info and replies jccobb2 and 555th.

WO Tact 4-14x50 is nice scope for the money as is the Falcon.

The WO has MOA/MOA turrets/reticle. The reticle is setup nice, the clicks sharp and the glass is very good. It's about $100 less than the Falcon.

Here is the reticle a little busy but nice.

wonders%20optics075004.gif

GC

GUys dont sh*& on me but can you tell me a little more about these falcon menace and wo tach scopes. It seems only recently that I have heard of them and I do not know what they are who makes them what the price range is or where to get them

RW GUNSMITHING on the Falcon, Never heard of the WO.....
Falcons parts are made in China, assembled in the UK..........

Wonder Optics, there are some threads here on them.

I just received my WOTAC in the mail today and took it to the range with me today. It was unmounted but wated to compare clarity to a friends Nightforce. He also had a Mark 4 out there and WOTAC looked clearer....I could not tell the difference in clarity between the Nightforce or Wotac.....I was very impressed with the optic so far. Rings and base will be in Friday and will have mounted and ready to go by the weekend....

Call and speak with Matt over at wonder optics.....

i won't compare the scope to a nightforce, but i will say that the customer service i got from WO was absolutely fantastic. it was made even better by the fact that my CS rep was the GM of the company

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexBone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just received my WOTAC in the mail today and took it to the range with me today. It was unmounted but wated to compare clarity to a friends Nightforce. He also had a Mark 4 out there and WOTAC looked clearer....I could not tell the difference in clarity between the Nightforce or Wotac.....I was very impressed with the optic so far. Rings and base will be in Friday and will have mounted and ready to go by the weekend....

Call and speak with Matt over at wonder optics.....

</div></div>

I talked to Matt also, GREAT CS and very knowledgeable, he can fix you up with right BC flip ups and and a base and rings for the rifle your putting your WOTac on. I ordered a set of BCs and XTR rings with my scope. I couldn't beat the price anywhere.

I just recently recieved a WOTac. Thus far I am satisfied. It is no Nightforce, but is WAY less money. I was very happy with the optical properties of the scope. I have not had a chance to test it out yet on the range, but it seems like a very well built, feature packed scope for the money.

It is not the best out there, but it is a great deal.

What it is:

An american made, lifetime warrantied, one peice tube, MOA/MOA optic with really good Japanese glass for well under anything else that matches those parameters.

What it is not:

Nightforce, USO, Premere, etc. But, you should not expect it to be. The turrets have quite a bit of play between clicks, but are decent in their engagement. I expect them to be accurate, but have not tested them yet.

Basically, if you want MOA matching for under $1500.00, get a WOTac (it's the only game in town).

If you prefer Mil/Mil, go with the Falcon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 199thINF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The WOTac is SFP, correct?? </div></div>

yup

Well, I am going to be ordering the Wotac today, along with some rings. Hopefully it will get here before this weekend and maybe I could out and shoot it. Thanks everyone for all your input. Hopefully the Wotac will make me happy.

Rob

You need to get your eyes checked if you think either of these scopes even compare to night force! Come on, really!?

I have owned a Wotac 4-14, and currently own a Falcon FFP 4-14 with the mil/mil. The first thing I can tell you about both, the glass is not as good as any Nightforce, Leupy Mark 4, Nikon Monarch, or the like. Period. Anyone suggesting otherwise is simply blowing smoke up their own arses.

I would compare the glass on both as borderline equivalent with a Nikon Buckmasters or Burris Fullfield II. In fact, I own both in 4.5-14s and have shot them on the bench next to the Falcon and Wotac, and can tell you the glass is pretty close (but not quite as good). I set up my own "resolution" target at 100 yards, consisting mostly of various letters of differing sizes, using each scope to see which could pick out the smallest letter on the sheet. The Nikon and Burris beat these scopes consistently, but not by much. I can definitely say the glass and resolution on the Falcon is better than the Wotac, but not better than the Nikon or Burris. Of course, this is based on my eyes, your mileage may vary.

As far as the rest of the scope, the turrets on both are about the same. A little mushy, with some positive feel. Now, the turrets can be cleaned up a bit with use and replacing the internal grease, but they are still not as positive as the turrets on my Buckmasters. They definitely are larger, and easier to get a hold of. The reticles are nice, but very "busy". If you are looking for a bench scope, these are not the reticles for you!

Overall, I do think they are decent deals for the money. I can tell you firsthand that Matt at Wotac/Sight Wonders offers some of the best customer service available, and will do whatever it takes to make you happy.

Jason280, what generation of the Wotac did you own and why did you get rid of it?

I am not 100% positive it was the most recent version, but I can tell you the scope was bought about 3 months ago. My biggest issue with the Wotac was with the turrets. They were too mushy, had barely audible clicks, and there was too much rotational play between clicks. What I mean by that is, there was a certain amount of "play" between clicks, and the click didn't always line up on the hash mark. With most scopes, there is a solid stop with the click, meaning when it falls into its detent, if that is a good explanation, it won't move in either direction until you rotate through to the next click.