• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon Menace 5-25x50 Tactical opinions please

still_N_29palms

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Somerville, Alabama
OK looking at buying a Falcon Menace 5-25x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope funds are cheep till some coinage is saved up for a Leopold. Anyone have anything good/bad to say about the Falcon Menace. I did not see any reviews in the forums for this. I will be shooting it on a BA-110 338LM. Looking for ranges for target out to 1k and game pass the 500yd mark. about a 60/40 long gun. Or other options around the $500 range.
please advise O knowledge holders of our little universe.

BSA, Mueller, tasco, well Walmart brands are out of the question.

Re: Falcon Menace 5-25x50 Tactical opinions please

The Falcon Menace scopes were the flavor of the month about a year ago.
They did have some issues with spotty QC.

I have a 4-14 that I have been very pleased with.
The glass is quite good when you consider the price, the adjustments are repeatable and accurate.
They use a very heavy grease on the o rings in the turrets which result in a mushy, subdued feel to the adjustments. If you take the turret caps off, clean the grease from inside the caps and wipe down the o rings then lube with silicone spray lube it makes a world of difference.

The knock on the Falcons is low light performance, if you can hold off a little longer, they should be releasing the illuminated 5.5-25 in the next couple of months.

If I were in your shoes and I had the gun in hand itching to shoot it, I would buy the bushnell 10x elite 3200 tactical scope for 200 bucks (.50 cal rated) and start saving up, since your intention is to replace the scope anyway.
I would also look to Vortex or IOR before Leupold.

Decided to go with the Vortex. Most reviews I found say that the Vortex is best option besides saving another couple hundred is just a month diffrence right but worth it in the long run. Now to research Scope rings.

The earlier 50mm Falcons had a 2 piece tube which did give some problems, not sure about now though....assume that they may have modified the later ones, but would pay to check before purchase.

Been shooting an older falcon 4-14 ffp for the last 500 rnds and it has always returned to zero. Have not verified click values and the glass leaves some to be desired.

However I have recently played with a newer 5-25 falcon and the glass is Much nicer as well as the turret clicks! If money is tight go for it. My PST comes in on monday though and I will compare both them.

I use a Falcon 5-25 50mm on my Savage Mark II trainer. Great for that rifle and set up, but not sure I would trust it on top of a hard hitting rifle like a .338 LapMag. The Vortex line of scopes seems to be a better route to go. They have some great features and their customer service is un-matched.

Thank you all for the response. I will be placing an order for the PST soon both the reviews here and on the web and the costomer service is what sold me. Cost/relialability + costomer service = PST