• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon Menace turret adjustments?

Jason280

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2005
GA
I just picked up a FFP Falcon Menace 4-14 today, and I am curious if there is any way to tweak the turrets. Right now, they are a little stiff. I remember there was a thread on one of the forums covering how to do this with Super Sniper scopes, but can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Re: Falcon Menace turret adjustments?

Use it for a bit before doing anything to it.

My bet is it will loosen up a little for you. If not you can try wiping out the grease or fiding a different o-ring, but that can allow for dirt and water intrusion.

A little stiff is good. It keep the turrets from taking turns in the drag bag.

All right, I tried a little tweaking of my own. I pulled the turrets, and wiped all the factory grease out of the turrets themselves. I also cleaned the O-rings, and then reapplied some grease I had around the house. This has helped tremendously, and seems to have fixed the problem. Now its time to get to the range!

Jeff at Sight Wonders. Great guy to deal with, and extremely helpful!