• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon Menace

toadbrown

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
Fenton, Mo
I'm thinking of getting a Falcon Menace to put on my new DPMS 308. Does anyone have any experience with the Menace that they would like to share?

Re: Falcon Menace

Run a search using the Google SH engine linked to in my sig line. There are countless reviews and other threads dealing with the Falcon scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a Super Sniper 10x HD </div></div>

He's looking at a 400 dollar scope, so you recommend an 800 dollar scope.
Probably won't be much help to him.

Been seeing alot of folks having problems with Falcons lately. I had a 4.5-18X56 for a short time, it was okay, nothing special. I would suggest you look at the Bushnell 3-12X44 FFP tactical. Apparently the 4200 line is being discontinuted so dealers are offering them at an amazing price. It's a really nice scope with all the wiz bang features at a great price. You can get one from midway right now for about $610 and pretty close to that price from liberty optics. The extra few bucks you spend over the Falcon will be money well spent.

I use a 4-14x44 falcon menace and i am happy with mine, no problems at all. It tracks good, and holds zero. only think i see bad about it is that it is not that clear in low light situations.

I got mine from SWFA.com and they are great people to work with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a Super Sniper 10x HD </div></div>

He's looking at a 400 dollar scope, so you recommend an 800 dollar scope.
Probably won't be much help to him. </div></div>

I normally always recommend a 3.5-15x50 NSX MLR with MRAD turrets, so save your pennies, it's cheaper in the long run.

Thanks for the input all. I would like a Night Force on the rifle in the future, but i am looking for something less expensive in the interim. So with that being said any further input on any scopes between 4 to 6 hundred dollar range would be greatly appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedgoat_ Junkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the input all. I would like a Night Force on the rifle in the future, but i am looking for something less expensive in the interim. So with that being said any further input on any scopes between 4 to 6 hundred dollar range would be greatly appreciated. </div></div>

Spend a smidge over $600 and get a Bushnell Elite 4200 3-12x44 ffp.

Might be the best scope under $1000.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedgoat_ Junkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the input all. I would like a Night Force on the rifle in the future, but i am looking for something less expensive in the interim. So with that being said any further input on any scopes between 4 to 6 hundred dollar range would be greatly appreciated. </div></div>

Spend a smidge over $600 and get a Bushnell Elite 4200 3-12x44 ffp.

Might be the best scope under $1000. </div></div>

+1.
If you use the promo code here on the site, you can get this scope for 600 dollars from Midwayusa.
I have a Falcon and have been very pleased, but this is a far superior scope with a far superior warranty.
The one thing the Falcon has that this does not is an enhanced mil-dot.
If I was looking for a tactical scope right now, I would jump on this because all of the other features outweigh the limits of the standard mil-dot reticle.

i got a 4-14 falcon and its a great scope. very clear and tracks well. I wanna say i have about 75 MOA of adjustment with that 30mm tube.

I've got a 4-14 and it's been an exceptional value for the money. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

I will however note that some members have had problems with them. The warranty seems to cover issues though, and as far as I know noone has had a problem the warranty hasn't handled.

I have bought for friends and or myself 9 Falcons. We had issues with 2 and wonders optics addressed one and Falcon addressed the other. I am running a 5-25x 56 FFP still. in your situation you should be satisfied with a Falcon.

Hey guys,
I could not find that promo code for Midway.
Where did you get it from?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62x39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys,
I could not find that promo code for Midway.
Where did you get it from? </div></div>

It was posted by Lowlight a few days back "4200" on the two 4200 FFP Tac's.