• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes falcon on 22lr

mtm87tx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2006
Texas
i have a MKII and a egw 20 moa base and i shot it at 25 yards today and i was almost out of elevation. what is wrong? its 4-14 ffp and burris xtr rings... having trouble here

Re: falcon on 22lr

its canted downwards with the taper going down towards the barrel

Ok, so you mean you actually hit bullseye at 25 yds? And you only have a few clicks to go upwards? Have you boresighted the scope?

i hit the bullseye yes, i have no boresighted other than looking down the bore and pointing it at the target and then making adjustments accordingly to get on target

Take the scope off the rifle. Put the scope on a level surface (table will do) such that the scope base only is touching the table. Make a mark on the wall about 10 yards away at a height equal to the lens center. Turn the elevation knob to half way between minimum and maximum. Look through the scope at the mark on the wall. The crosshair should be very near, if not exactly, on your mark.

If it is way off, in your case the scope may be well below the mark, the scope is bad. If it right on the scope is fine and you should look closely at how the scope is mounted to the receiver.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hairy spotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take the scope off the rifle. Put the scope on a level surface (table will do) such that the scope base only is touching the table. Make a mark on the wall about 10 yards away at a height equal to the lens center. Turn the elevation knob to half way between minimum and maximum. Look through the scope at the mark on the wall. The crosshair should be very near, if not exactly, on your mark.

If it is way off, in your case the scope may be well below the mark, the scope is bad. If it right on the scope is fine and you should look closely at how the scope is mounted to the receiver.

</div></div>

THIS