• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon vs. IOR

utnapishtim

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2008
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Hi All,

I'm very new here and very new to tactical shooting. So, I apologize if this is a rather silly question.

I need to get a scope for my 6.5 Grendel. It's free floated, and my old Millett was getting me around .5 to .75 moa, but now it's time to think about shooting a little farther than 100 yards.

I'll be doing mostly target shooting to 700 yards and maybe some hunting, where my longest shot will be in the 400-500 yard range.

So, now that I've said what I'll be using it for, I need to know something . . .

I'm looking at a 4-14 X42 FFP. . .

Is the IOR worth $700 more?

The $700 difference means an extra two months of waiting.

Re: Falcon vs. IOR

Yes ...I played with a Falcon for a couple of weeks and its a decent scope for what it is and definatly lives up to the price.The IOR is a completely different level of scope and if your even contimplating it you have your answer.The one problem with the IOR is the short rear tube and short eye relief.Neither of these is a problem with an AR platform(I'm assuming it's an AR).All that said my pic would be the NF 2.5-10.

two words, <span style="font-weight: bold">Fuck IOR</span>, I have had a few of them and the glass is great but the rest of the scope leaves so much to be desired, not to mention their shitty customer service, they have literally had a scope of mine in for repair for over a year now and I have got every bullshit excuse in the book.

The falcon isn't bad for the money but you'll have about the same class of scope as your Millett. Comparing a falcon to an IOR is like comparing chicken soup to chicken shit. Just my opinion though!

Man, there is some serious IOR bashing here. So far, mine is great. Great glass, knobs work just fine, and been working great. My falcon as well, but as one mentioned here, the glass is better with the IOR, way brighter and clearer

I've had to send back my falcon twice. My IOR's never and I've got 5 of them including one of the older 6-24x50. They all work great. If you go the IOR route definitly get it thru Liberty optics. Scott will fix you up.