• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon vs Super Sniper

NikolaiS

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2009
Peoria, AZ
www.gothiclabs.com
Hey guys,

I've seen a lot of attention paid to the Falcon series and an overall "great for the money" review. Anyone have opinions on how they compare with SS scopes? About the same price and seem to be appealing to essentially the same market strategy of offering a "$1000 scope for $300-400"--or so the marketing goes.

SS have a rep for ruggedness and, to my mind, it's very solid. I don't have a real point of reference on glass quality. I have an SS 16x. Kinda wish I had opted for the 10x. Fixed 16x has a bit of a claustrophobic view.

Nik

Re: Falcon vs Super Sniper

I have had both and currently have a SS 10X. The first Falcon I received and a piece of reticle jumping around in side the tube on the glass after about 10-15 shots(.308 btw). Sent it back and got another one and had nothing but tracking issues and sent it back also. Maybe I just got a couple bad ones though. I have absolutely no complaints about my SS and I've put it to the test, tracking wise. Great tracking and great glass for a great price.

Just my .02

In my opinion, the falcon scopes are far better than the SS for the money. I've had 2 SS scopes in the past and have a Falcon 4-14 on a 5R right now. Everything from glass to tracking to knobs are better on the Falcons. Find one of each at the range and look through them to see for yourself.

falcon all the way.. I have 2 of them . the 4-14 and the ne 5-25 came today. I have had the ss20x and IMO there is no comparison with what you get with the falcon.

FFP, mil/mil. 5-25x50, clear as any mark 4, $500, cant beat it

I've had my SS 10x since 2003 with no problem. I would buy another. I would like to see a side by side comparison of the two to really see which one is the best performer.

I have my SS 20x for about a year, NO issues at all. Tracks great, glass is better than my Bushnell 6-24x50 4200 that it replaced. Has 140 moa of "up", never skipped a beat. Focuses easy. I think side focus would make it look way "cooler" which is never a bad thing, but the rear focus is actually super handy when looking through the scope.

Never messed with a Falcon, but I absolutely rave about my SS, and everyone who's looked through mine said the glass really surprised them. Maybe I got a "good" lemon, but this glass is pretty spectacular for a $300 scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Kemp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think side focus would make it look way "cooler" which is never a bad thing, but the rear focus is actually super handy when looking through the scope.
</div></div>

I actually find my SS rear focus to be somewhat stiff. Not sure if that's a characteristic of SS's in general.

Nik

It would be hard, if not impossible, to beat a falcon without spending at least 2 or 3x the money on something 'better'.

I just got the 4-14 FFP mil/mil Falcon a couple weeks ago. Can't beat the features for anywhere near this price range. Time will tell about the reliability. I have had a 16X SS for several years now and the only gripe I have is I wish I would have gotten the 10X. Fixed 16X isn't worth a damn for light gathering on an early morning long range hunt(imagine that!). This seems to be the only scope that will hold up on my .338Edge. It's killed 3 IOR's and sent my Leupold packing a few times.

I had the same issue of deciding between the SS and the Falcon 4-14x44 FFP. I decided to go with the Falcon after hearing nothing but things about it. The Falcon was highly recommended. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-RAVEN12-