• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon website?

Re: Falcon website?

Palle

The website is down for updates.

That was what I got Jun. 11 from Falcon Optics..

That is one hell of an update
grin.gif

I think someone forgot to tell them that you leave the OLD website UP, while you build a new one, then swap 'em quick...

It's been "down for updates" for more than a month and a half.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palle2612</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1

But their web wasen't the seller of goods either, much to be desired for.. </div></div>

So where's the best place to shop for Falcon scopes?

its a worry that they dont even have a website for oiver 6 months now.... as a falcon owner, and as much as i wish it wernt true, i smell a company thats in trouble...

I wanted to check into Falcon scopes last April, and their website was down then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: groper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its a worry that they dont even have a website for oiver 6 months now.... as a falcon owner, and as much as i wish it wernt true, i smell a company thats in trouble... </div></div>

My take on Falcon Optics:

A very small company, that is selling scopes faster than they can make them. World wide, there are a shortage of Falcon's.

Retailers that do carry them are out of stock, and when they have stock it sells quick.

So a functioning website, that will help promote more sales of product they do not have, will really help the situation? I suspect when production can meet demand, the website will reappear.

If you need to know the spec's on the full Falcon line I suggest you go here:

Optics Warehouse UK

You can buy Falcon's from there, I have on a Falcon model not imported into the US, and it's no harder than buying from a US company. But RW Snyder in the US is a Falcon dealer, and a Hide supporter, so get your spec's from the UK site, and buy from a US based Falcon dealer.

The above is IMHO and YMMV.

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: groper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its a worry that they dont even have a website for oiver 6 months now.... as a falcon owner, and as much as i wish it wernt true, i smell a company thats in trouble... </div></div>

My take on Falcon Optics:

A very small company, that is selling scopes faster than they can make them. World wide, there are a shortage of Falcon's.

Retailers that do carry them are out of stock, and when they have stock it sells quick.

So a functioning website, that will help promote more sales of product they do not have, will really help the situation? I suspect when production can meet demand, the website will reappear.

If you need to know the spec's on the full Falcon line I suggest you go here:

Optics Warehouse UK

You can buy Falcon's from there, I have on a Falcon model not imported into the US, and it's no harder than buying from a US company. But RW Snyder in the US is a Falcon dealer, and a Hide supporter, so get your spec's from the UK site, and buy from a US based Falcon dealer.

The above is IMHO and YMMV.

Bob </div></div>

It's not <span style="font-style: italic">only</span> about selling scopes, but supporting the users who have them too.

How the hell would I get a hold of Falcon if I needed any sort of work/CS if I can't navigate to their web page? They really don't expect me to make an international call, again to a number I don't have and that they are not advertising via a FREE web site, or do they?

I have 2 Falcons. Had I thought about for just a bit longer, I may have passed on Falcon because CS seems like something I may never get if I ever needed it.

The CS is going to come from the dealer you bought the scope from, or at least that's what I'm told. If you have any problems with the scope just send it back to the dealer and they will send it to the manufacturer to have any repairs or replacements done. I just bought the last 5.5-25x50 emd from RWSnyder about a month ago.

eleaf,

The thing is with Falcon, you don't call them for CS or warranty work. You call the retailer who sold you the scope for CS or warranty work, and they call Falcon. That's just the way it works with that company.

If you bought a used Falcon, then well.........I guess you call the scope suicide hotline....

What do you want for a $300-400 scope, Leupold or USO level of customer service? They are cheap for a reason, and lack of dedicated CS is one of those reasons. Caveat Emptor.

I not picking on you, Falcon's are what they are. No more no less. You get a lot of scope for the money, and near zero after market support.

In optics due diligence is part of the game.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eleaf,

The thing is with Falcon, you don't call them for CS or warranty work. You call the retailer who sold you the scope for CS or warranty work, and they call Falcon. That's just the way it works with that company.

If you bought a used Falcon, then well.........I guess you call the scope suicide hotline....

What do you want for a $300-400 scope, Leupold or USO level of customer service? They are cheap for a reason, and lack of dedicated CS is one of those reasons. Caveat Emptor.

I not picking on you, Falcon's are what they are. No more no less. You get a lot of scope for the money, and near zero after market support.

In optics due diligence is part of the game.

</div></div>

Policy or not, it's BS.

I can buy a cheap Osprey International from the gun show and get DIRECT CS from the manufacturer. Having a middle man to act as CS rep is no way to do business, especially in a niche market like tactical shooting where quality of product is closely followed by CS.

I can buy any $40 Bushnell from Walmart in bubble packaging and get full CS direct from Bushnell.

I can buy a sling from TAB and get direct CS from them, or a bipod from accu-shot, or a tripod from PRS, or a "fill in the blank here" and get direct CS that is top of the line. I'm not asking for in-home service, but a guy who can answer the phone or an email when a paying customer has a question/issue doesn't seem unwarranted when spending $400 on a product.

I can buy any number of things from very small companies, even mom and pop shops run out of a basement, and get top notch CS (my own very small company included).

To argue they are small therefore it's okay to have NON-EXISTENT CS is giving them a pass where they don't deserve one.

eleaf,

I'm not giving Falcon a pass on anything. As I said, Caveat Emptor. You are dealing with both a small company, in a foreign country no less, with NO US presence. And it's not OK to have zero CS, and I get it, your unhappy.

But its not like this was any secret. That's what due diligence is all about. With Falcon you get a decent scope, and at low price point, and no observable factory support.

I understand you may run your company differently. Falcon runs the way they run. I don't like it, and you don't like it.

I have owned exactly 2 Falcons. One I bought used, and after a time I sold it, and I had no problems with it. I have bought one new. I paid less than $300. for that MIL/MIL fixed power scope, new.

It's been running fine, on one of my 22 LR's. If it dies, I know I have to send it back to the UK. That's where my retailer is located. I knew that when I bought it. I knew exactly what I was getting into, and what I was planning in getting out of the scope.

I did have any illusions when I bought my Falcon. Nor do I have any bitches. They are what they are...But I understand you are upset, and believe you bought a pig in a poke.

The only difference between you and I, is one of expectations. I took a risk, with eyes open, and expected not much in return if the scope went TU.

You did not know you were taking a risk, and are now very unhappy with your purchase. I get it and understand it.

No excuses from me for Falcon Optics. But your expectations were just higher than mine. Live with, deal with, and move on.

Regards,

Bob

Precisely why I don't purchase them. Its crappy that you didn't know it going in.

I bet you've learned a valuable lesson though. Research heavily before laying down your money. If the product, or the company behind the product isn't up to your specification, then do not buy.

Its fair to say they will lose business as a result of this behavior, which most, if not all of their competitors do not share. You are certainly free to badmouth them. Lots of other candidates out there, but none in that price range.

ok maybe your take is correct on the small company part, point is they used to have a website and now they dont? they still have part of a website...

this page works http://www.falconoptics.com/menace4-14x44FFP.php
and you can still download the PDF`s of the reticle drawings.
But nothing else works...???

The world views your company via the web, and what do we see? shit that doesnt work... whats the scopes gonna be like? well im happy with my scope, except one minor problem that i fixed myself rather than send back accross the ocean and be without optics for a "unknown" amount of time... but damn, its just unprofessional no matter which way you look at it.

Falcon, if your listening, fix your shit... its bad for business.

I'm not bitching exactly, but observing. I have 2, knew about the non-existent CS presence before I went in, and bought 2 nonetheless. They are good scopes for the cash. I would buy another if I had a rifle which fit that task.

But all of that doesn't make it any less shitty that a company selling their product globally can't have even a modicum or presence to their buying public.

My take on Falcon Optics: I purchased a Falcon Menace knowing how their CS worked. I had an issue with the scope and it was handled with 100% satisfaction!

Would I purchase another, yes.

Thank you. Falcon optics.

Sam