• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Falkor 7even action user ?

Joel Danielson

Green Manalishi
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2012
wondering
Looking for some help on a problem with the sear engagement on above mentioned action. I have a Jewell HVR trigger with safety that I can not seem to get the sear to function properly. All adjustments have been used several times trying to find a solution that does not give me the delayed release of the sear. I have tried pull weight at 1lb, as well as down to about 3oz. with the same result. When the sear is adjusted, it drops way before it is turned all the way in. I have to adjust at least 4 full turns back out before it will hold. Falkor does not use a hanger, so I have no way to move the position of the trigger like some actions. This trigger was pulled out of a Deviant action where there was not a problem, so I know it isn't the trigger.
Cheers,
Joel

Looking for some help on a problem with the sear engagement on above mentioned action. I have a Jewell HVR trigger with safety that I can not seem to get the sear to function properly. All adjustments have been used several times trying to find a solution that does not give me the delayed release of the sear. I have tried pull weight at 1lb, as well as down to about 3oz. with the same result. When the sear is adjusted, it drops way before it is turned all the way in. I have to adjust at least 4 full turns back out before it will hold. Falkor does not use a hanger, so I have no way to move the position of the trigger like some actions. This trigger was pulled out of a Deviant action where there was not a problem, so I know it isn't the trigger.
Cheers,
Joel

Probably not enough sear engagement.

This is a product of parts being made to interface from different manufacturers, on different machines, with different employees and processes, to slightly different specs, with different tolerances, etc.

It happens, and it's not so much a problem with either product, just bad luck. It's why I think BnA makes a superior trigger to their peers - sear engagement is adjustable.

Some people can buy a TT trigger, slap it in a TL3 action and it works great. Didn't happen to me - sear engagement was high, making for a stupid heavy bolt lift and close. You happened to fall on the other end of the spectrum.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to increase sear engagement on your setup. You may need to swap triggers. Talk with a gunsmith you trust. Personally, I would recommend a BnA tacsport trigger, as this is something you can do yourself at home.

Probably not enough sear engagement.

This is a product of parts being made to interface from different manufacturers, on different machines, with different employees and processes, to slightly different specs, with different tolerances, etc.

It happens, and it's not so much a problem with either product, just bad luck. It's why I think BnA makes a superior trigger to their peers - sear engagement is adjustable.

Some people can buy a TT trigger, slap it in a TL3 action and it works great. Didn't happen to me - sear engagement was high, making for a stupid heavy bolt lift and close. You happened to fall on the other end of the spectrum.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to increase sear engagement on your setup. You may need to swap triggers. Talk with a gunsmith you trust. Personally, I would recommend a BnA tacsport trigger, as this is something you can do yourself at home.
I think you may be right on this. I have a couple B&A triggers in other actions that I will be testing. I was looking at this as an opportunity to try a TT, but may just stick with the B&A triggers that seem to work well for all my actions.
Cheers

Reactions: kthomas
Put a B&A Tacsport pro single stage (high sear) in the action this week and finally got out to test it today. Pull weight was set at 4 oz, and was checked for slam fires several times before settling on where I wanted the sear.
All checked out well and a nice small group shot fire forming brass for the 22BR. The prairie poodles should be nervous...

Reactions: kthomas