• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Falkor lw7 question...s

Anderhammer52

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2019
North Las Vegas, NV
A month or so ago I posted some questions about barrel profiles and components for an nrl hunter build. Just when I thought I had it all figured out I watched both the eagle eye shooting and x ring yourube videos involving the lw7 action. This action checks a lot of boxes and frees me up in the weight department a lot as well. After countless uses of the search button and Google to oblivion I'm left with some unanswered questions and some half answered questions.

Does this action accept the same 7even prefits? Some websites list the 7even and mt7 separately so I wasn't really sure. Additionally it seems that impact prefits will work as well, any experience?

What action wrenches are people using for barrel installs? There isn't one listed on falkors website nor a head on short action customs for their modular wrench.

I saw a guy had issues fitting his 7even into his xylo chassis a few years ago in a thread on here and was wondering if there were other fitment issues with other chassis as well? The xylo is one of the main chassis I'm looking at so I figured I'd ask the question before making the investment.

Altus lists the scope rail holes as proprietary, falkor only offers split rails, but in the eagle eye video they use a defiance rail, was this a drop on or modified to fit? any other info as to if there are single piece rails that will fit with out modification?

I don't see spare bolts listed anywhere for caliber swaps, is this something where I'd need to contact the manufacturer or buy another action with another bolt?

I wanted to see if anybody on here had any wisdom or experience with this or other falkor actions that could chime in before I email them directly as I'm not exactly ready to buy within the next month.
Thanks in advance.

I'd contact falkor directly with the majority of your questions. I know I use my bugoles rem700 or Tikka action wrench to torque all my standard 2 lug actions to the barrels, I just check which one has the tightest fitment to lug abutments, granted I'm usually only torquing to 80'#. I've wanted to try a falkor action, as I've played with the 7even and found it very smooth with light bolt lift, very similar feel to a lone peak or impact. However when I've contacted them to availability, they're always several months out. Sometimes you can find them in stock. There's a vendor who has them available in PX as well as Nemisis Machine in Montana usually has some available.

Reactions: Anderhammer52
Take a look at the Pierce shadow, is a 24oz action with Pic rail as well. They're timed very well to TT triggers. If I had to go steel ligntweight, that'd probably be my direction, the newest revision has an integral recoil lug. The prefit thing isn't really necessary. Send the action to a good smith one time, and hell be able to cut you additional barrels without the action as long he keeps measurements on file.

Reactions: Anderhammer52
I appreciate all the replies and information. I also emailed falkor with the questions as well. I can post their response here for the small amount of people in the same boat as myself.

I appreciate all the replies and information. I also emailed falkor with the questions as well. I can post their response here for the small amount of people in the same boat as myself.
I have been searching the internet with the same questions as you. Really interested in the lw7 but have been hesitant to purchase.

Forgot to post the response. They were prompt and helpful.
Screenshot_20230703_224156_Gmail.jpg