• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Family Sons In Service Flag

xarmor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2008
Austin, Tx
My Great Grandmother flew this flag in her window in 1918. My Grandfather and his two brothers served in the US Army. Grandfather was a Cannon Cocker, both of his his brothers were grunts. The flag has been hanging around all these years, always on a special wall of the house. All 3 brothers came out of the war ok, but my Grandfather and one of his brothers hit the bottle pretty hard and died in the early 1930's. I would like to see these displayed again by families that have sons and daughters serving our country, maybe more people would understand the sacrafices that all of our Armed services personel make to keep their asses free. Anybody else have one of these beauties? I am happy none of the stars went gold....

ribsDrPepperstyle020-1.jpg

Re: Family Sons In Service Flag

I've seen a few flown here and there over the past several years... that's a nice family heirloom though.

That is really neat. Thanks for sharing that. My younger brother is in the Marines. Mom has it hanging in the kitchen.

I would like to get one of these for my mom and dads house. I have 2 brothers in the military. Do they make the flags with 2 stars or would the correct way be to get 2 flags?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to get one of these for my mom and dads house. I have 2 brothers in the military. Do they make the flags with 2 stars or would the correct way be to get 2 flags?
</div></div>

One flag with two stars.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Susan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll have to make one, my son is leaving again in a couple of months. From your picture it is hard to see what color the stars are, I'm assuming blue??

Susan </div></div>

Yes they are blue stars.

When GWOT started, these flags were the biggest hit across the country. My family all flew them for me when I was deployed. My neighborhood is filled with them. As teh Naval Jack came back to the Navy, these came back to the People who support what everyone does

When this war first started, (Mar 03) my county presented me with the Three Star Flag. I had a wife and two sons deployed.

All came back ok, kind of, my wife broke her back (non combat related) and was medivaced home. She's ok now, just has three rods between her shoulder blades but is back to riding her horses.

Sevral of them around here. When my mom had her quilting shop she made them for a lot of people. I have one with a single gold star painted on my bench gun for my father in law.

I gave one to my parents shortly before I left on this (my first) combat tour. It's proudly hanging in the front window.