• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos farmboy at work

Re: farmboy at work

looks nice!

I was born in Waverly. Have 140 acres outside of Ft. Dodge. most of my family still farms up there....last count they had just over 2,000 acres they were doing....In fact they just recently bought back the land that our great granddad lost in the depression.

Always have at least 1 St. Bernard hangin around as well!

waverly iowa is a beautiful place. its a small college town. when i was in the iowa ng i wanted to settle down there.

This may seem weird, but to a city boy like myself, that's just beautiful :}

Nice country. Alot of memories growing up. Harvest season is ALOT of work! Enjoy.

Looks alot like the farm I grew up on in Indiana. Funny how you miss the Hog and Cattle feeder noise at 0200 sometimes. Many a wet spring tractors worked 24/7. If the wind for hearing them was wrong, you could still find them to swap out drivers via their glowing exhaust, or the fender mounted Radio humming a tune from WLS or WJJD in Chicago 120 miles away.

88 series international tractor , top draw hood , one of the smartest desighns int. ever did 5488? we had 1086 when i was kid i always dreamed of having one of these or 4840 john deere.then i came to my senses and went to town to work so i would not starve to death, farm on the side , still my first love

Ours were JI.Case, the first was a wide front DC then came a 8n ford, 530 case, then the first 5 bottom rig an 830 Case. Got the hots for big and stepped up to a eight bottom 1170. Pushed some ditch's closed, opened up all the gates, an never looked back.

Loved it so much only time we went to town was for a hair cut, once a month. Either working or hunting an fishing, all week long. If it was too wet for anything it was girl time. Nothing beats rain on a barn's tin roof, the smell of fresh cut hay, and naked girls.
smile.gif

Oh to be young again!
frown.gif

Learned more about everything on that farm,...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vin Roc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This may seem weird, but to a city boy like myself, that's just beautiful :} </div></div>

thats how i feel everyday while im haulin loads to the elevator.

Good to see another Iowa boy on the Hide. It's a nice time of year here, and we've had a good run of weather for harvest. Better yet, the corn south of us went to silage, so it was out early, and now the rifle range is open!

This year is turning out to be a awesome. All the corn and beans are dry no need to put them in the dryer and prices are pretty high. So whether you wanted to save or cash in now there is a nice profit. We are combining 12hr days and just hauling loads into town. im gonna ask my gf's dad for a loan with the way things are goin lol

I see the Holsteins. Is the farm a working dairy?

Nice looking Boxer.