• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

fast ass reload and magazine catch!

Sebben

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2011
Snellville, GA
So I tried to do this and cant. Can any of you? If you can lets see a video! I had to watch it a few times to see what happened.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yVD7Luck954&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yVD7Luck954&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: fast ass reload and magazine catch!

Yup, that's fast, but...

Can he do it on the move, under pressure, etc. or just while standing in the open in a static position?

Congrats thats abut worse training Technique I hve seen. So when poop hits fan and he does mag change he will catch his magazine. How could that possibly end well?

Is he grabbing the new mag before pressing the button on the mag release?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is he grabbing the new mag before pressing the button on the mag release? </div></div>

Probably, if you know that you are going to be doing a mag change why not ?

Its because the mag is expensive and he doesn't want it to bang on the floor and break. I just had aftermarket floorplates made up for mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats thats abut worse training Technique I hve seen. So when poop hits fan and he does mag change he will catch his magazine. How could that possibly end well?

</div></div>

Agreed

Since I actually know the guy in the video, and just shot the Michigan State match with him this past weekend. He is only doing this for shits and giggles, he is a grand master USPSA shooter and a multiple IDPA champion, cut him some slack.

how about this one

El Pres Video

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since I actually know the guy in the video, and just shot the Michigan State match with him this past weekend. He is only doing this for shits and giggles, he is a grand master USPSA shooter and a multiple IDPA champion, cut him some slack. </div></div>

Then I suggest like when you drank too much and did not take home a 6 plus you dont video tape the event LMAO

They both are good but Travis is faster. I only wish I could reload that fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since I actually know the guy in the video, and just shot the Michigan State match with him this past weekend. He is only doing this for shits and giggles, he is a grand master USPSA shooter and a multiple IDPA champion, cut him some slack.

how about this one

El Pres Video </div></div>

I find it funny how fast people were to pick him apart not knowing who he was. Haters gunna hate!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since I actually know the guy in the video, and just shot the Michigan State match with him this past weekend. He is only doing this for shits and giggles, he is a grand master USPSA shooter and a multiple IDPA champion, cut him some slack.

how about this one

I find it funny how fast people were to pick him apart not knowing who he was. Haters gunna hate! </div></div>

Not haters bad training tactics equals bad results in real world. It all goes back to Newhal Incident where cops had trained to put empty shells in pocket to keep range clean so when they had fire fight they out of habit put empty shells in thier pants pockets. That time spent putting shells in pocket got them killed. Train as you fight

Games are games. Real world training is real world training. In my view they have little to do with each other. So for someone that is obviously heavily entrenched in the game world, it matters little that it doesnt translate well in the real world as that is NOT the focus.

It wasn't my intention to come off as a hater. I actually made a compliment stating that it was a cool trick. It's just in my eyes, that technique would not be used in a combat situation, which you confirmed by letting us know he does it for shits and giggles. Furthermore, I never doubted his ability to shoot just because he can do a cool trick with his mag. Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Games are games. Real world training is real world training. In my view they have little to do with each other. So for someone that is obviously heavily entrenched in the game world, it matters little that it doesnt translate well in the real world as that is NOT the focus. </div></div>

I am firmly biased after a few decades of teaching cops and civilians to shoot. They see this and show up on range and try to do same thing under simulated real world exercises.

This guy can do this parlor trick all day if it rocks his boat. I just made comments so someone who carriers for life saving purposes does not start doing trick crap and getting himself screwed up

If you think this is far fetched I once had a cop show up with springs in his magazine carriers so when he opened the flap the magazine would jump out because he saw a game shooter do so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you think this is far fetched I once had a cop show up with springs in his magazine carriers so when he opened the flap the magazine would jump out because he saw a game shooter do so. </div></div>

That's pretty funny. But sad too.

that dude definitely needs a tighter Tshirt

Mike is right.

People will believe anything they want to.

Thats the key.

But if a guy of this skill posts something on YouTube, he and his friends should not get upset if other people have comments.

If he, or they did not what a reaction, then why post it in the first place?

When that reaction is not expected, do not get upset.

Lastly, a shooter of his skill, should do a video like this that starts off saying, having fun with mag loads, or something like that so people know its a joke / fun thing to try.

Not a technique of value.

John

Mike, I dont think we are in disagreement, it just happens to be a subject I have invested a little thought and investigation into. Without rambling on I came to the conclusion that you either have to become very selective about the competitions you shoot to keep gaming tactics from becoming training scars or you have to train twice as much as you compete to, again, overcome gaming habits. There are those like JJ Racaza and others that seem to effectively have a mental selector switch and be able to change from one to the other. I think that is by far the exception. Now if someone that is there to train is trying to emulate something they saw on youtube or competition or tv, well I think a job at the mall is calling them.

Youtube disclaimers? Really? So when Tiger Woods does his ball bouncing on the club trick he should say, this is not how to really play golf? LOL. Youtube is not training. training is training. if they are unwilling to go to actual training it matters little what they think.

this thread is hilarious, no one ever said this was tactical training, or any type of training for that matter. I was only a parlor trick, he was trying to nail a reload and grab his dropped mag before it hit the ground. Everyone needs to just relax

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Youtube disclaimers? Really? So when Tiger Woods does his ball bouncing on the club trick he should say, this is not how to really play golf? LOL. Youtube is not training. training is training. if they are unwilling to go to actual training it matters little what they think. </div></div>

Sir,

I am with you, I would say a disclaimer of any level, would stop people of the mindset from talking about him, or the trick in a negative way. thats all I am trying to say here.

Have a great weekend ok.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not haters bad training tactics equals bad results in real world. It all goes back to Newhal Incident where cops had trained to put empty shells in pocket to keep range clean so when they had fire fight they out of habit put empty shells in thier pants pockets. That time spent putting shells in pocket got them killed. Train as you fight </div></div>

not everyone out there is training for the zombie appocolypse in everything they do.

Some folks just like to play gun games, and that video is nothing more than a guy whos good at the game dicking around and challenging himself with a little silliness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Games are games. Real world training is real world training. In my view they have little to do with each other. So for someone that is obviously heavily entrenched in the game world, it matters little that it doesnt translate well in the real world as that is NOT the focus. </div></div>

I am firmly biased after a few decades of teaching cops and civilians to shoot. They see this and show up on range and try to do same thing under simulated real world exercises.

This guy can do this parlor trick all day if it rocks his boat. I just made comments so someone who carriers for life saving purposes does not start doing trick crap and getting himself screwed up

If you think this is far fetched I once had a cop show up with springs in his magazine carriers so when he opened the flap the magazine would jump out because he saw a game shooter do so. </div></div>

dude... you cant train out stupid. anyone who doesnt realise fairly quickly that the game shit has nothing to do with real world application doesnt need to have a firearm in the first place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since I actually know the guy in the video, and just shot the Michigan State match with him this past weekend. He is only doing this for shits and giggles, he is a grand master USPSA shooter and a multiple IDPA champion, cut him some slack.

how about this one

theres the problem...to be good in USPSA you must break a LOT of practical shooting rules.... like reloading just because you know how many targets are ahead and exactly how many rounds your going to need so you drop a half full mag on the ground while on the move...its a game and has nothing to do with real training. and if thats what your into then badass. when i shot USPSA i sucked because i would shoot from behind cover like the paper targets were shooting back... lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoltOveride</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not haters bad training tactics equals bad results in real world. It all goes back to Newhal Incident where cops had trained to put empty shells in pocket to keep range clean so when they had fire fight they out of habit put empty shells in thier pants pockets. That time spent putting shells in pocket got them killed. Train as you fight </div></div>

not everyone out there is training for the zombie appocolypse in everything they do.

Some folks just like to play gun games, and that video is nothing more than a guy whos good at the game dicking around and challenging himself with a little silliness.
</div></div>

Agreed, same class as Air Softers and Paint Ball Gamers. No place for real world. These guys just use highly modified real guns instead of toys

Understood John, I just get my ass in the air trying to account for the stupidity common denominator
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Understood John, I just get my ass in the air trying to account for the stupidity common denominator
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Alas the 20 years of teaching the lowest common denominator has left me too grouchy for fun and games. Sorry for ragging on the guy for having fun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this thread is hilarious, no one ever said this was tactical training, or any type of training for that matter. I was only a parlor trick, he was trying to nail a reload and grab his dropped mag before it hit the ground. Everyone needs to just relax</div></div>

So true! People went ape on this guy for no reason! It's just a speed trick - don't read into it at all. I know a guy who is a USPSA shooter and also was a trainer a Quantico and was SF in Panama in the 80's. He's very capable of doing tricks while shooting as well as staying alive in real world engagements. They're not mutually exclusive.

Simmer down folks!