• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Fat bag vs big ass fat bag

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
I’m looking at picking one of these bags up to try this season. Which would you suggest?

The best thing to do is go to a match and try someones else's first. But if you had to chose one to start trying out I would suggest going with the "Large" first. It really depends on your build and how much space you need to take up for support in various positions, such as under your arm in a kneeling position or under your chest in a modified prone. I have had the "Large" fat bag for few years and last year opted to get the "Fat Ass" as well and have been using that primarily this year.

Reactions: Pvt.Donut
I've used the AG Large Fat Bag for a few years also and this is the first time I'm hearing of the Big Fat Ass Bag, that thing looks almost perfect. For me, the Large Fat Bag worked pretty good in the firing knee up kneeling position to fill that void under the arm and it makes a pretty good seat too. That being said, I've never really worked out a good way to attach it to my body and I've tried various slings, carabiner, and bungee configurations that left a good bit to be desired. The elastic straps are also pretty much useless to me, I think I used them once. The size of the LFB also didn't really work for me when I tried to use it to pad under my chest in a modified prone (shooting from a vehicle) or if I wedged it between my legs for more stability in a double kneeling position (how I shoot lower rungs of a cattle gate for example).

I might pick a BAFB for the bigger size and integral shoulder strap, which seems like it'd solve a few of my issues with the LFB. My vote goes for picking up the BAFB.

I've used the AG Large Fat Bag for a few years also and this is the first time I'm hearing of the Big Fat Ass Bag, that thing looks almost perfect. For me, the Large Fat Bag worked pretty good in the firing knee up kneeling position to fill that void under the arm and it makes a pretty good seat too. That being said, I've never really worked out a good way to attach it to my body and I've tried various slings, carabiner, and bungee configurations that left a good bit to be desired. The elastic straps are also pretty much useless to me, I think I used them once. The size of the LFB also didn't really work for me when I tried to use it to pad under my chest in a modified prone (shooting from a vehicle) or if I wedged it between my legs for more stability in a double kneeling position (how I shoot lower rungs of a cattle gate for example).

I might pick a BAFB for the bigger size and integral shoulder strap, which seems like it'd solve a few of my issues with the LFB. My vote goes for picking up the BAFB.
I've been using the Wiebad bag bandoleer with the pump pillow. It has made using the bag easier and more consistent for me.
For the past year I just had the bag clipped onto a belt loop and it was hit and miss on it being usable Vs being just "there" each time.

Clipping the bag to my belt loop never worked for me. I made a quasi-sling out of the AG bungees, which worked ok but not great. I'll give the Bag Bandoleer a serious look, it could work for sure.

Thank you, it sounds like I should look into the big ass fat bag instead

Does anyone know where to buy the strap that goes over your shoulder and lets the bag hang? I have the AG Fat bag and it has the bungee but its not long enough to wrap around torso.

I keep the AG wedge looking bag on my back with a bungee sling. Never was a fan of dragging it around on a lanyard. I can quickly rotate it to the front and use it or push out of my way when not needed.

Never tried the big fat ass bag....also been using the current bag less and less as I get more proficient with positional shooting. One less thing to control and work on the clock

Reactions: Hutch_WV