• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fatal Police shooting in Columbus a couple of days ago.

hollowoutadime

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
View bodycam footage - fast forward to the 2:00min mark.

back story is a 2a.m. raid to get a domestic abuser with outstanding warrants.

Thoughts?

Looks more like cop pointed gun while giving command and got the trigger by accident based on his reaction

I’m not an expert on K9 handling, but that was very different than how I’ve seen them used.

Seems like the K9 cop was already aggravated cause the dog “wasn’t” doing its job. Drew his gun a ND. He fucked up IMO.

I’m not saying that the world isn’t better off without the scumbag that got it, but that’s a bad shoot. Copper needs to be prosecuted and locked up.

Reactions: kriller134
I agree. The problem with accepting the state determining and taking out the trash is that one day YOU WILL BE THE TRASH according to “them.”
Of course, hence the second sentence in my post. Not all, but some of them would already lump many of us in with the “trash.”

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Domestic abuser I take with a huge grain of salt

As a kid one of my friends (college age) got into a fight with his girl, well actually she freaked the fuck out on him literally throwing anything she could grab in the kitchen at him, was not the first time, HE calls the PD as he was done with this BS, the nearly arrest him, even though she didn’t have a mark on her and the whole thing was explained to them, he nearly because a “abuser” if it wasn’t for his parents paying for a good lawyer and having some good luck

If someone legit beats their significant other to a great degree, I get it, but it seems like this law is being used for what our grand parents would have called a loud argument.

But hey, hops made it home that night

They would be a guilt of manslaughter from me

Last edited:
No weapon, he had a vape pen.
I think the K9 was a distraction and clouded his judgment/actions. 30 yr veteran I believe.

Waiting for all the (Back the Blue) type to start attacking the guys past in an attempt to justify that cop that just murdered that dude.

Domestic abuser I take with a huge grain of salt

As a kid one of my friends (college age) got into a fight with his girl, well actually she freaked the fuck out on him literally throwing anything she could grab in the kitchen at him, was not the first time, HE calls the PD as he was done with this BS, the nearly arrest him, even though she didn’t have a mark on her and the whole thing was explained to them, he nearly because a “abuser” if it wasn’t for his parents paying for a good lawyer and having some good luck

If someone legit beats their significant other to a great degree, I get it, but it seems like this law is being used for what our grand parents would have called a loud argument.

This is a huge issue, nation-wide (in the US). The activists and politicians who cave to pressure have set it up to where the “mandatory” arrest part gets overhyped, often clouding the requirement to meet the probable cause standard.

In most things, the local to me law enforcement is fantastic. The municipal PD had an article out in the paper, years ago, that showed their statistics on domestic issues. It was terrible. The percentage of times they arrested both parties was huge. As was the percentage of cases the prosecutor refused to take. Pretty sure signs you aren’t doing your job right, if you can’t determine the core of the problem and the prosector cant find something to charge your arrestee.

Of course, there are a lot of factors that play into all of this, but it definitely is a mess.

Waiting for all the (Back the Blue) type to start attacking the guys past in an attempt to justify that cop that just murdered that dude.

You might have to wait a while. That was some quick trigger work and I doubt there is a way to explain it away.