• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Fatboy Traverse vs RRS TFCT-34L Mk2

I've never owned a fatboy. I've played with a few. I have owned a 2 vets and currently own 2 RRS the 22i and a 3 pull (forget the model).
I didn't like the fat boys legs or locking collars. legs felt to thick and the locking collars are shaped weird. RRS is pretty tough to beat but are they worth an additional 400-500 bucks? for me they are. the only cons of the RRS is the cost.

Reactions: anderson22
I've never owned a fatboy. I've played with a few. I have owned a 2 vets and currently own 2 RRS the 22i and a 3 pull (forget the model).
I didn't like the fat boys legs or locking collars. legs felt to thick and the locking collars are shaped weird. RRS is pretty tough to beat but are they worth an additional 400-500 bucks? for me they are. the only cons of the RRS is the cost.
Thanks for the input, unfortunately nobody around me has either so im basing my decision on videos and other peoples experience with them. Definitely more money but like most people say buy once cry once..

if thats your mindset just buy the RRS. go to any national PRS match and the firing line is littered with RRS tripods. Ive seen 2-3 fatboys.

I have only used a RRS once and have 2 fat boys. I love the fatboy tripods, specifically love the elevate
IMG_1558.jpeg
IMG_1557.jpeg

Last edited:
For PRS I greatly prefer thicker legs. RRS is pretty nice. I've used their stuff a lot but I'm not impressed enough to spend that much extra. Their anvil head is about the only thing I'd be interested in, but they don't have a solid attachment to a standard 3/8 stud. I used the fat boy tripods at a match in Indiana. They were solid. The knobs weren't my favorite and I don't like a larger apex, but other than that, they were great. My buddy actually sold his RRS tripod to go to a fat boy after that stage. I like the 2 vets 2 section tripods the best out of all of them so far.

Gotta give a shout-out to Fatboy. They're heavier, but extremely solid. A Fatboy with an Anvil head would be my preference.