• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Father's Day Gun Ban

If I were short of firearms I might risk the wrath.
I have powder, bullets, primers and a couple thousand 5.56 pieces of brass.

If I swap a scope on an ar and do load development I can pretend it's new.

It will just shoot groups 2 times+ larger as the new toy.

Strategic list of low dollar items got texted out.

That's the deprimed, decrimped and pocket cleaned ones waiting on sizing die tweeking.
Was getting 1-1.5 thousands neck tension think I need to pollish 1-1.5 off the expanding ball.

Sorted 100+ lc-18 out yesterday and need to get some 400 grit emory cloth today.
I'm single staging this till we get the load just the way we want, then reset the dillon.

0.003 neck tension for ar rounds? And a slight crimp, lots of wax build up for long term storage.

We keep shooting everything though. Lol

Snuby642
Send me your list and the funds needed. I will send it back to you after Fathers Day. You just have to explain it to the Mrs.
Ha ha

My sons shoot my guns as well as reload so they know what is needed.
I do load development for thier guns, setup and most of the rifle reloading because I have the time.
I have the luxury of weekday range time so easy to get groups.

You should offer a service like an art curator but for our addiction. Then that will pay for more toys for you!

The missus knows exactly what a brownells or midway usa box looks like.
Sometimes it's for her guns, she shoots rifle and pistol league comps etc.

When I go to Academy to get bbq rub and propane she knows bullets powder ect jump in the basket, I keep her ammo stocked up.

Reactions: Jscb1b
No way! Got this one running smooth.
She knows every decent gun store in town, worked at some.

She has a DE in NRA pistol and nearly there with rifle.

Her biggest fault is not marrying into money. LOL

Have you thought about trying to get a rifle for your wife?

I mean, some dealer might take her in trade?

Cheers,

Sirhr
Finally! Somebody making sense. No surprise as to the author....Don't worry OP., there will still be plenty of .22 LR ammo for you to test out your mew combo deal.....the 'mew' was not a typo.....?

20141213_204901.jpg
20141213_204927.jpg

Well a few hours ago a package came in FedEx and was ran out of my site and hidden.

Remember high school and wondering if your date dropped panties or not?

Kind of like that.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
sales today at one place, sales tomorrow or next week at another place sometimes you can get even better stuff used . I would rather wait , than start lying the effort spent is seldom worth the trouble .

I would be thankful for having a wife to take the initiative to order something for your shooting hobby. My wife wouldn't even know where to start. If I get a gift that involves shooting, I have to buy it myself, have it delivered to my office, take it home and give it to her, so she can give it to me.
default_doh.gif
That's not all bad though. I get exactly what i want.

Get a notepad and write down the item with prices and vendor info. Leave it on top of the purse she uses daily. Did that for my fifty birthday and received damn near everything I wanted. It was her idea ya know.

Geez that is old school.

Nowdays you email your wish list from midway or brownells.
Price stock number description all at once.

I'm getting something like that right now. Unplanned large (emergency) purchases, and large scheduled ones upcoming are/have been a real necessity, and require adjustments. And I just acquired/built a pair of 6.5 Grendel Uppers; so...

But when the locks come off, what I need, I need; regardless of the increased cost due to missed sales.

Two weeks ago, $2000 emergency replacement of a mobility scooter (or so, I'm told) unplanned, and $1700 on a convertible roof replacement, planned.

The scooter is pricey, but it's also time to stop friggin' around with stuff that goes tits up in two years. At least she didn't get the Gatsby...

The roof was crucial, we have a monsoon arriving here in another month or two (flash floods, etc.).

Coming up, round trip airfares to Upstate NY in another week or so; third Grandchild on custody swap for the Summer.

Greg

Last edited:
Did you get the optional rifle scabbard? And kestrel for the scooter.

Was headed to the range till my hand swole up to where I could not shoot.

Nah, that would be excessive...

But we did get the double battery, 18mi range option, and the spring suspension.

Battery guarantee, 1yr.

Rides like a Caddy; Hell, it's halfway to being a Caddy.

I do know how to order and install replacement battery cells. The last set was 2 cells per battery unit; the newer AGM cells have a lot of advantages at $25-ish per cell. That was last replacement, looks like things are getting pricier...

We're saving the rifle scabbard buys for when we get the Polaris razor.

I wish...

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuby642