• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Fathersday weekend swine hunt(trail cam pics added

barnes12

Sergeant
Minuteman
L1010338.jpg

L1010354.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

These were taken on my ranch outside Coleman, Tx the night pics were taken with a Noveske 6.8 using SSA 110gr barnes TSX bullets, the piglet was taken with Ruger suppressed 22 pistol and the bottom pics the pig was taken with the HK USP 45 pictured. Saw him asleep in some brush by one of my feeders. The two at night were part of a larger group of about 20 or so and I ended up shooting 4 but only recovered the two.

Re: Fathersday weekend swine hunt

I need to buy a ranch in Texas it sounds like. Hog hunting is the most fun you can have with your pants on!

Wait, I've been told the .45 acp is insufficient to penetrate any part of the thick skinned, heavy boned, pig; especially the "gristle plate" and was therefore useless against them.

LOL.

Looks like you had a ton of fun.

Thanks for sharing.

It helps a little when sneak up on them while they are sleeping to about 10 yards or so. Also used some 230gr wide flat nose alloy bullets that get some good penetration. A friend of mine casts them and he used to be have his ammo manufacturing license. His brand was very appropriately called Boarslammers. He made all sorts of loads from 357 to the 50 cal magnums very much like Buffalo Bore ammo. Heavy bullets and high velocity.

I'm headed down to OK at the end of the month (July)... The place is called addictivehunting.com. Got any words of wisdom for a first timmer?haha

congrats

I would use ammo with good hunting bullets like the Barnes TSX or Nosler partition, the pigs seem to come out right at dark and throughout the night at least on our place, and also just have some patience. And if you can shoot them in the head just because its fun. Use nightvision or thermal if possible because it is really fun.