• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite AR Rail Covers?

Hawk45

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2002
Ohio
Looking to get some rail covers for my YHM forend. What are your favorite or do you run a combination?

Re: Favorite AR Rail Covers?

I like the ladder rail covers (magpul, falcon, etc.). They are low profile and protect the rails very well.

Depends, on full autos I prefer Knights, ladders for everything else

I really like the KAC covers but they can make the rail a bit bulky for some folks.

Best to maybe find someone to let you borrow both ladder style and others if possible and make a hands on decision.

If you are heating the gun up, you want either panels(KAC/Magpul XTM, etc) or ladders with gloves.
The bulk shouldn't be an issue unless you have fat rails to begin with.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiTechTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Magpul XTM all the way. Easy to install too. </div></div>

+1 I really like the xtm's, easy to install so far very durable

I vote for the ladders. They are lightweight and effective at protecting your hands from the rail and the rail from other stuff.

Depends. I really like KAC's on carbine length rails But I also really like ladders on rifle length rails. I have one rifle that's got ladders on the bottom rail and Tangodown panels on the sides. That has a real nice feel to it.

For some reason my Tango downs got wobbly. I ended up shoving a patch into one of the rail slots to shim them.

Hands down, most comfortable ladders are made by Surefire.... they are not as available as many others... and they only come in black...

KAC and the Tangodown SCAR panels for me. The KAC is a little bulky, but if you have a slim forend, it norms out, plus they are tough as nails.

I like the slim profile of the new TD SCARs as well as the texture.

Have magpuls on the sides, a bipod and grip on the bottom, and a ladder on top. Think I would go with ladders on the sides and top if I was going to do it again. Panels are a little bulky, slim is better. I don't do much if any rapid fire with $.80 ammo, so heat is not an issue for me.

Prefer KAC where the hand goes and then any ole ladder elsewhere. The KAC has a nice firm ratchet stop to keep it in place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiTechTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Magpul XTM all the way. Easy to install too. </div></div>

I tried those on my YHM and really liked them.

Then I tried a JP/Vtac forend and from now on will only have a rail where I need one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the new TangoDown SCAR panels .

PP out

</div></div>
+10000000000000

I can't believe nobody else has chimed in on these...they are the cats ass!!!