• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite AR trigger

prairiefire

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2010
Nebraska
What's your favorite AR trigger? I have a Hyperfire and ti's OK, but always looking for something else to try. I have a two stage Geissele trigger on my 6.8 which works well for better control during longer distance shooting - any thoughts there as well?

What's your favorite AR trigger? I have a Hyperfire and ti's OK, but always looking for something else to try. I have a two stage Geissele trigger on my 6.8 which works well for better control during longer distance shooting - any thoughts there as well?
I really like the Elfman triggers. I have one going into my current Creedmoor build.

Reactions: Ric O'shay
I have five different Geissele triggers. The SSA-E is my favorite, even over the match trigger.

SD-E, Timney Calvin Elite AR, or Triggertech. My 3 favorites in no particular order.

I like my AR Gold trigger feel, but it does not have set screws to make up for ana tolerances with your lower. It may fit perfectly fine, or you may need to shim it so it doesn't rattle around.

Reactions: RampedRaptor
My lowers are both Stag Model 6's which come equipped with a very nice in-house 2 stage (2lb/3.5lb) trigger.

It was available up until recently from their site for about $110, but seems to be sold out now. I pushed it as a separate buy here, maybe I killed the golden goose in the process. If so, my apologies.

Their current 2-stage is a Geissele, very nice, but at about twice the cost.

Greg

I run a g2s-e which is a Brownells exclusive batch checked ssa-e. My friend runs a LaRue mbt-2s. The LaRue is advertised to be higher weight but feels lighter to my finger, the geissele has a more rigid trigger break.

My vote goes to the Geissele SSA-E. I have one on a GAP-10 Gen 1 and love it as a 2 stage trigger. For what its worth, my bolt guns are all one stage, and still love the SSA-E on the GAP-10.

I've used the SSA-E exclusively since he handed me one at SHOT 2011. They go on sale every so often.

For the cheap, the PSA EPT trigger for around $40 is not too shabby. Or you could just polish the shit out of your factory and get it pretty good too.

Reactions: KZP
Geissele national match adjusted around 2 pounds.
Larue MBT is also nice.
Just picked up the new Geissele single stage but have not tried it.

Right now... I have Elftmann, AR Gold and Triggertech. All three I like all of them but the AR Gold does not have as positive reset as the others. I have only had the Elftmann for a short time, but it is very promising. The Geisselle SSA-E and SD-E i had vwere pretty nice to. CMC 2 & 2 was pretty nice, but fit very loose in every receiver even with antiwalk pins. I had four MBT-2S's and didn't care for any of them. Long take up a little heavier than others, good break, some overtravel, weak long and gritty travel to reset, good positive reset. As stated for $99 not bad, but any higher they'd be questionable and they didn't compare to the others mentioned before.

Reactions: KZP
Elftmann for single stage, TriggerTech for two stage.

Geissele Super Dynamic Enhanced Trigger

Geissele SSA-E Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced Trigger

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
JP Armageddon gear revolution trigger & also CMC flat bow 3.5lbs

I have a SSAE in my mega 6.5 crown jewel AR, but I recently started to use the 3lbs single stage velocity drop in trigger and I’m impressed and will most likely be my go to trigger now for about $120 to $135

Reactions: crackerboy
Geissele National Match, I've tried most and always come back to it.

I recently tried the Timney Calvin. An incredibly light single stage trigger, but I prefer a two stage in a gas gun. A close second to the Geissele is the TriggerTech Adaptable, though a much different feel than the NM.

Fellow shooters I compete with have recommended the AR Gold, and I was very close to purchasing one. The comments in this thread about the looseness in the receiver and the need to shim have given me pause.

Fellow shooters I compete with have recommended the AR Gold, and I was very close to purchasing one. The comments in this thread about the looseness in the receiver and the need to shim have given me pause.
Mines tight, so not sure what they're talking about. I have it in an Aero Precision lower.

Another vote for the Geissele Super Dynamic 3 Gun with an honorable mention to the CMC 3.5 lb flat trigger.
Phil G

Geissele SD-E if I could only have one. But since that's not the case, I'd say the entire Super Dynamic series by Geissele are good options. SD-E and SD-C are my go to triggers, the SD-3G is not my style but many people like it.

Anyone try that Hiperfire with the things that look like shock absorbers?

My first drop in trigger was a curved bow single stage CMC. I think it is pretty good but nothing spectacular. My flavor of "15 minute trigger job" usually turns out pretty nice but the CMC has the edge. I have an RRA two stage in one of my lowers, I'm not a huge fan, the pull is light but it feels creepy. I have an SR Gold in a LR308 type rifle and it is pretty nice, lighter than the CMC and a lot less creepy than the RRA but I'm not sure it justifies the price. My latest is a Rise Armament RA140 which was very inexpensive but has better performance than the CMC in the big drop in trigger comparison out there. I haven't got it in action yet but I expect it to equal my CMC or better it since the pull is probably lighter.

You should look for the big drop in trigger comparison out there, there is video and a good read. They choose a winner but what I take away is that they tested a Giselle and it was on par with the lower cost drop ins like the RA140 and the AR Gold did rank near the top so it seems to me that the cheapo is going to be a good value for me.

I would love to try a top of the line Elftmann but I doubt it would be $200 better than my cheapo (to me).

Also if you hurry, Optics Planet has 14% off triggers tonight.

I really like the Elfman triggers. I have one going into my current Creedmoor build.
I have an Elfman flat match trigger and really like it. I think the truth about guns website has data on triggers such as uptake , brake, and over travel

For me, I have ran Geisselle NM, SD-E, and SD3G, Hiperfire 24C, 24E, CMC single and two stage triggers, and JP. For my run and gun AR’s, I prefer single stage triggers (mostly the SD3G). For my precision oriented AR’s, I prefer two stage triggers (mostly the Geisselle NM). Lately I’ve been running a CMC single stage flat face trigger in my Frankengun AR for 2 gun matches, and I’ve been pretty happy with it... although I’ll probably switch it out for another SD3G just for familiarity.

Timney 3-lb. competition with a "traditional" curved trigger with KNS ant-rotation pins and pin set screws left "loose". Timney was making triggers decades before the other "big names" even thought about "investing" in the "gun business".

Reactions: RNWRKNP
Wisconsin Trigger Company

Modern built Milazzo Krieger two stage

All others are a follow on of this trigger

I've been eyeing up the triggertech for a while now. Came across the battle arms version on optics planet for $217. Snatched up two of them.

I came back to this topic and revisited the Stag site.

The sold-out 2-stage at $109 offer has disappeared, and another appears to have taken its place for a Nickel-Boron 2.5/4 lb 2-Stage for $99.99.

I have no personal experience with this, but it looks like it's worth a mention.

Greg

Geissele _____, depending on application with the "Geissele Curve" trigger bow if an option.

~Augee

For a precision rifle, I really like the Geissele 2-stage I have. For standard AR use the brand is overkill and I like to use the Rock Island Match trigger. I have 3 of those.