• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Favorite IWB holster?

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2017
    I just moved into a Hellcat w/ RMSc and ordered another Crossbreed. It should be arriving later this week and I'm currently using a modified XDs Crossbreed. But I'm curious to what other's are using. I've tried some other Crossbreed clones and a Milt Sparks pancake for my 1911. Still go back to the Crossbreeds. I have half a dozen for various pistols and they work. I did go w/ the Hybrid MT2 to try this time.

Because us cavemen love pictars.

62440367361__FFED38C4-A537-4421-A875-DB6FEDB3EC51.jpeg

62440372270__CDDC7838-E5EF-4D35-A8A0-B2BB9B0D3DF5.jpeg

Last edited:
    Reactions: DubfromGA
    I’m in LE and have been using one of these everyday for over a year with a sig p365. 4 or 5 other guys I work with run this holster too. Switched to this from an alien gear which is the same style as the crossbreed. I think this is way more comfortable and prefer the single clip. Definitely get it with the Mod wing/claw it helps keep it tight to your body. It’s only like $25 but most comfortable iwb holster I’ve had

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    Absolutely without a DOUBT the Milt Sparks VM2.

This is one for a Smith 1006 I just sold, basically brand new and unused. I have another for a G29 and a G27 --the G27 has been carried for over ten (fifteen actually) years and will outlast me. There is nothing more comfortable or better made for the price.

I'm just glad I found it early on, most folks wind up with a box full of junk holsters before finding "the one". For IWB, it's a VM2. If they don't make a rig for the weapon, then need another weapon. For OWB, I like a cheap ass Blackhawk Serpa Lvl. 2 --it works well and comfort isn't much of an issue. But carry a pistol all day and comfort starts to rank very high on the list. I'd also recommend picking a lighter pistol to carry too, the 1006 wasn't a good choice to press into service as an IWB rig. And the G29 is thick enough that if you have a G27 too, then the G29 won't get used. Go light, go comfortable, get a good gun belt too.

IMG_1194.JPG

I'll second the Aliengear Cloaktuck. I haven't tried the 3.5 yet, or the Shapeshifter. I've got a mix of 2's and 3's. I have worn out a 2. It's taken 6 or 7 years. Since the CT2 semi auto back is not made anymore it will cost me $15 to upgrade to a 3.5. They have CT1, which is a leather back, and CT3.5 for semi auto. I think they still have 2 and 3 for revolvers. Similar design to Crossbreed, which I was going to order when a coworker got the Cloaktuck.

I don't think they make one for an RMR type sight, but it wouldn't be hard to fit it.

I'm not sold on the Shapeshifter but I might try a used one.

Nice setup, btw.

So in my guise as a firearms instructor I’ve acquired a closet full of holsters in the last 5 years, some make the cut some don’t, some are wonderful and as we all know some suck and either don’t hold the weapon secure or are painful to get on or off or are just painful- as OP states crossbreed and molt sparks are all good stuff, I’ve also had good luck with Alien gear holsters but lately I’ve been very pleased with Stealth Gear holsters, and just ordered a 3rd, for Glocks, 1911s and Sp101 revolver. Very well made attaching it to belt or pants is easy and secure, whatever “stealth “ technology they use on the part the contacts your skin, does not move, slip or chafe nor does it make me sweat- my name at deer camp is sweat hog- so if I don’t sweat you won’t . Holds sidearm very securely and as an added bonus for auto pistols there is an option for a kydex magazine holder that goes on the front of the paddle in the most convenient unobtrusive ingenious way and it’s very secure and easy to access with the off hand so if your armed you have extra ammo on board no matter what for no increases in size or another thing to attach to your belt.

the above review is my findings I’ve no connection to any mentioned company nor make any money from my experience based opinions.

I’m alternating between the alien gear cloak tuck 3.5 and a glockstore advanced mini holster for a glock 26

The alien gear is very comfortable but sort of cumbersome to put on and the mini is the exact opposite.

It’s really easy for me to forget the alien gear is there. I have it set up to ride pretty low so it doesn’t print much at all. But just like above, it’s kind of a pain to put on and get situated. And I can’t just leave it attached to my belt/pants, work has a strict “no guns” policy that I “don’t” work around.

The mini holster is really small, but really secure for how small it is. It’s very easy to tuck into my pants as we’re walking out the door. There’s a little wiggle room to situate into a more comfortable position but it’s nowhere near as nice as the alien gear. And because there’s not much adjustment, it rides a little higher. It also doesn’t have the backing material which makes it a lot more poke-y.

I’ll start by saying that I’ve carried various generations of the Aliengear Cloaktucks and Crossbreeds for years and will always have one on hand, but I recently switched to Tier 1 Concealed AIWB for my MR920 and there is no comparison.

Obviously, it all depends on how you’re comfortable, which gun, weather/clothing, etc... I started out around 4-5 o’clock and still go back to it on occasion, but I much prefer appendix at this point in terms of concealability and comfort.

Probably the better point to take from this is everyone is going to have their preference, but if you’re looking for top-notch quality and function from a holster, you owe it to yourself to check out T1C.

So in my guise as a firearms instructor I’ve acquired a closet full of holsters in the last 5 years, some make the cut some don’t, some are wonderful and as we all know some suck and either don’t hold the weapon secure or are painful to get on or off or are just painful- as OP states crossbreed and molt sparks are all good stuff, I’ve also had good luck with Alien gear holsters but lately I’ve been very pleased with Stealth Gear holsters, and just ordered a 3rd, for Glocks, 1911s and Sp101 revolver. Very well made attaching it to belt or pants is easy and secure, whatever “stealth “ technology they use on the part the contacts your skin, does not move, slip or chafe nor does it make me sweat- my name at deer camp is sweat hog- so if I don’t sweat you won’t . Holds sidearm very securely and as an added bonus for auto pistols there is an option for a kydex magazine holder that goes on the front of the paddle in the most convenient unobtrusive ingenious way and it’s very secure and easy to access with the off hand so if your armed you have extra ammo on board no matter what for no increases in size or another thing to attach to your belt.

the above review is my findings I’ve no connection to any mentioned company nor make any money from my experience based opinions.
    which stealth gear holsters do you like?

I’m in LE and have been using one of these everyday for over a year with a sig p365. 4 or 5 other guys I work with run this holster too. Switched to this from an alien gear which is the same style as the crossbreed. I think this is way more comfortable and prefer the single clip. Definitely get it with the Mod wing/claw it helps keep it tight to your body. It’s only like $25 but most comfortable iwb holster I’ve had

For the price I decided to get one just to try. Thanks for the heads up. REALLY good price. So much so I wouldn't have bought one thinking it would be substandard.

This one?

StealthGearUSA-Product_Photos-On_Body-VC-Appendix_Plus-2__92634.1573675574.jpeg

Anybody who likes the VM2 should contact Gary Brommeland and see if he will make them a Max Con V. I have no idea if he is still around, but the difference is like the difference between a fleshlight and a real woman. Not that fleshlights aren't great.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpeg
      IMG_0086.jpeg
      448.4 KB · Views: 86
    • IMG_0085.jpeg
      IMG_0085.jpeg
      508.5 KB · Views: 80
    • IMG_0084.jpeg
      IMG_0084.jpeg
      474.5 KB · Views: 86
    • IMG_0083.jpeg
      IMG_0083.jpeg
      546.5 KB · Views: 91
    I carry a 365XL in a Comptac Minotaur every day. Super comfortable for all day carry with a smaller pistol like the 365. The leather molds to your body and sometimes I forget that it's even there.

IMG_20201021_182856.jpg

I’ve been carrying my P365 SAS in a Milt Sparks Criterion. Extremely comfortable and well built.
    View attachment 7450453

Dude, I haven't been to their site in a while... I think I need a new holster now. That's nice, really nice. Similar to the VM2, I'll have to look it up.

I know if you have a 1911 and haven't been looking at Milt Sparks that you're riding the short bus because they cater to 1911 guys. I'm just happy they make a couple good ones for my lowly Glock.

It's almost a shame to put a plastic frame into one. But it is what it is.

I've gone thru a number of carry guns. I prefer IWB @ 3:30-4:30. I used Foxx holsters for several years and have been very satisfied with them. The holsters are well built and Ray has been easy to work with. They're worth a look at.

Milt Sparks Summer Special (1980) to Summer Special II (~1990) and JM Custom Kydek out of Sparks, NV for kydek IWB. First kydek I used was from Cen-Dex out of AZ, 1990’s, Chuck Taylor had some at his class to try. Tough to beat Sparks leather for comfort and comforting.. JM Custom IVB Version 3 IWB are just tough to beat, wear resistance and sweat proof. I’ve only carried 1911s and G19s though the decades IWB.

Crossbreed showed up yesterday. No real time to try it out. I've tensioned to where I think I want it. But it uses the backing to tension the gun against and being leather, it conforms to the pistol as you tighten it down. Will see how it rides.

IMG_1539.jpeg

If anybody here uses a VP9, I will send them a Brommeland holster to have, and they can explain how much better it is than anything else. I thought I was going to like VP9s, but I hate them. Anyway, if that is you, shoot me a message.

For my Glock 19 or CZ P10C, the Galco King Tuk has been the go to holster for all day comfort.

Very interesting. How's the leather wearing? Is it getting loose at all at it's attachment points?

Thanks.
    Leather has held up well. Not detaching from the Kydex at all so far. I actually have 3 of these (for HK45, Glock 23, and HKvp9SK), and they all have held up very well to EDC.

Tier1 Axis Slim. I have two. One for a Shield and other for P320 compact.
    1604024611781.png

I have stealth gear and milt sparks vm which work great. I even installed a couple of clip draws for fast and convenient way to carry.

This arrived today after getting lost in USPS limbo for a week or so. $34 to my door from Bradec Holsters. Really nice build quality. Retention is excellent.

Haven't had a chance to try it in the wild but so far it is promising.

IMG_0086.jpeg

IMG_0085.jpeg

This arrived today after getting lost in USPS limbo for a week or so. $34 to my door from Bradec Holsters. Really nice build quality. Retention is excellent.

Haven't had a chance to try it in the wild but so far it is promising.

View attachment 7462514

View attachment 7462515

Update on this BraDec Holster.

I've worn it one full day. And while it was 'different' it wasn't bad. The opposite. Once I got used to the way it rode and found a spot for it, I like it quite a bit. Wasn't the most comfortable but once I find the right spot and wear it for a while, it disappears. Mostly. It takes up surprisingly little room in your pants. You might get away with not getting new pants when you start IWB if you go with this holster. It's also extremely easy to don and doff. I was also able to use it with a pair of sweats. I tucked it in my Tommy Johns and it rode well and I was able to draw w/o pulling the holster out. It didn't print with a t-shirt over it in both pants with a belt or sweats w/o a belt. The extension helps flatten but adds a bit of bulk in that area of the belt line. I think I'll try it without the extension.

Last edited:
    This also arrived last week. It will likely be my go to unless the Stealth Gear I ordered works better. IF it ever shows up. One email unanswered and just sent another. We'll see.

The CB is very comfortable at 3:00 for me. The above mentioned BraDec is best about 1:30-2:00. The CB lies much flatter and add little bulk to the belt line compared to the BraDec. I also added a mag carrier as seen in the pics. I need a size bigger pants for the mag carrier as I've added few Covid lbs. and it's kinda a double stack mag compared to my XDs and PPS mags.

IMG_1544.jpeg