• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite Loads for 82A1 or M107

Re: Favorite Loads for 82A1 or M107

i would not waste my time hand loading for the 82a1.....i have personally shot all kinds of stuff thru mine when i had one....at best it was always a 2+moa rifle.....the finest bronze turned hand loaded stuff would only do slightly better......in the end one could not drive the gun to any difference between de-linked and custom hand loads....just the nature of the beast....and a beast it is.....i was very happy to be rid of mine, twas an education and a perceived penis extension i did not truly need.

Accuracy is a problem. It is fun as hell to shoot none the less. Thought most of the problem was the ammo. Started buying more expensive IMI "Barrett" to find a slight increase so I figure a heavier more prescise load would help even further.

the trigger is problematic also.....lighten it up,, and you get double taps, which is a real attention getter

fed makes some........FED XM33C 50BMG 660GR 10RND BX smidge over 3.50 per ........ they ain't to bad

Yes, that is true. And I do buy Federal as well from time to time when I am doing some internet shopping. I buy alot of my BMG rounds from several local shops. Which is the major price hike. Even on the French and Bosnian surplus crap I have gotten.

prolly the best i ever got was some surplus Greek ball / linked...it was clean and consistent....back when my net landed cost was $1.24/ea......