• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Favorite non-tactical hunting scope

SAKOstalker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2004
USA
Ok no PM II's, hensoldts, or US Optics...what do you guys hunt with?

My latest is the Zeiss Diavari 2.5-10x42 with #4. Best combo of optics, reticle, size in a medium range variable in my opinion

Re: Favorite non-tactical hunting scope

While I have had several scopes for longer ranges. I have moved back to a Leupold 3 X 9 X 50. Most of the shots around here I don't have time to mess with trying to focus and keep the animal in the scope.

Longer, open ranges is another animal all together.

Kahles with TDS, but phasing those out for IOR gen 4s better to have than have not.

Zeiss Conquest 2.5-8 with #4 reticle.

One of my current favorites is Swarovski PVI-2 3-12x50. It's very light, around 16oz, the reticle is SFP and center dot is lit (day and night mode). Reasonable compromise for much of my hunting.

Leupold VX-III's on my varmint rifle and the smokeless pole.
Zeiss Conquest on my BAR deer rifle.
Bushnell Elite on the Thompson 22

Zeiss Victory 2.5-10x42mm, Swaro PH 3-12x50mm and a few S&B and Meopta fixed powers...

2.5-10x42 #8 and 3-12x56 Ill MD Diavaris are my favorites.

zeiss victory, leupold lps and meopta have all worked good for me, but I hunt mostly with a NXS now

IMAG0059.jpg

Ziess Diavaria 2,5-10x42 perhaps some of the better hunting optics around,

@10x enough to shoot far and @2,5x small enough to shoot short range and driven game.

Yeah that´s right x42 lens is enough to do some low light shooting to, the lit reticle makes a thing like that work like a charm.

Best regards Chris

I have been really happy with the Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16X scopes.

So much so that I have three of them on my hunting rifles. The glass is very bright and clear. They seem to be pretty rugged. But the big thing I like is the wide magnification range.

I hunt on 4X...but if I am in close in area I turn it down to 2.5X.
I have had a couple of times where if I did not have the 16X I would not have taken the shot.
It is also nice to have the extra mag. for static hunting like on ground squirrels,etc.

Also for the quality of glass, warranty,etc., the price is very good IMHO at $550.00 for the fine-plex model.

Take care,Stan

I have a 3-9x50 Z600 Zeiss. The only thing I find wanting for it would be an illuminated dot in low light conditions, sometimes that fine reticle gets lost. It started my addiction to expensive glass...

I've been happy with the Monarch line....Thinking about giving Vortex Vipers a shot at some point though.

I like the Swarovski AV-Line. I think they are a good mix of top notch quality glass, neat fairly trim and lightweight. However I do have a S&B 8X56 on my want list. Maybe this summer. Tom.

Nikon Monarch Gold 2.5x10x56 with plain 'ole duplex

i love my old redfield widefield 3x9.. it rides on my custom mauser sporter in .308....

S&B Klassik 3-12x42 with genll reticle. Had it done when Premier was doing them. Love it.

Trilogymac

.308/Sightron Big SkyII 4-16
.243/Simmons Aetec masters Series 2.8-10

I use a Sightron SIII 6-24 MD on my 20 Practical AR varmint shooter. Like it so well, I bought another one for the bolt .223. I use my scopes for everything, from hunting to range shooting.

Been running a Leupy 4.5-14 with a varmint reticle on my .30-338. Has served me well thus far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tip em over</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Zeiss Conquest lineup is tough to beat for the money! </div></div>
couldn't have said it better. Im running a conquest 3-9x40mm stainless with the rapid z 600 reticle on my x-bolt .30-06

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bradpierson26</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tip em over</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Zeiss Conquest lineup is tough to beat for the money! </div></div>
couldn't have said it better. Im running a conquest 3-9x40mm stainless with the rapid z 600 reticle on my x-bolt .30-06 </div></div>

Another +1 for the Zeiss Conquest line. They are hard to beat in the price range they are availble for.