• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite revolver holster

MJF

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 14, 2005
    N Idaho
    I have a 4" Blued Colt Python headed my way and will need a proper holster for it. This will be worn while hunting, fishing, hiking ect. so no need to for concealment. Quality leather is a must.

What do you recommend?
    wm_3656305.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: CaptNemo
    I'm very partial to this Hank Sloan designed holster made by Milt Sparks. Elmer Keith added the hammer cover to protect his jacket lining.
    16077312315946040446070707337348.jpg

A gun like that deserves a nice leather holster.

Beautiful holster. I used to love reading Elmer Keith! I can imagine him not wanting to rip the lining of his nice coat with his .44 while out hunting.

Here is another one I like. They make one for the Python. Both of these are the style I prefer.

6390b8_80c89bac62f94d75967baf13319733ac~mv2.jpg

I am a fan of Diamond D leather

Reactions: E-Tool and MJF
    I am a fan of Diamond D leather

Thats a great holster. I have been thinking about one of those for my .44

Reactions: MJF
    Garrett Industries....leather lining to protect your finish, kydex for durability.....

1608056204250.png

For all leather a Tucker HF-3

1608056175952.png

Tell us more about those grips, wow!

My pistol is the M27 with basic Smith and Wesson grips in the Garrett.

The Tucker holster was a site grab.

I have a Tucker but it's HF-1 for a 1911.....

Simply Rugged's Sour Dough holster. provides full coverage to protect the weapon and distributes the weight evenly on a belt while keeping it close to the body. I'll occasionally use min to conceal carry my 4" S&W 629 and 625 mountain guns.. OWB under a simple untucked polo shirt.

Really like Simply Rugged’s Cattleman for my 4” 686. It’s cross-draw, slides on/off belt quickly and with only the grips exposed my Smith is well protected while doing ranch work and the cross draw carry stays out of the way when sitting on tractor, utv, etc. Also doubles as a nice sleek storage case when I toss it in the truck console.

Reactions: MJF and C.R. Adams
    Diamond D (which was linked in an earlier post) makes nice stuff. I have their chest holster and belt holster for both of my wheel guns. The chest holsters make my shoulder sore if I where it all day (8-14 hours). My wife likes them, but I hardly ever put one on other than fishing. The belt holsters are nice, if I had it to do over again I would get one with a flap as plant material, dirt, and snow always end up collecting in the holster if I'm doing more than walking a trail.
    20201215_230920.jpg

20201215_230902.jpg20201215_230931.jpg

Great information everyone, thank you!
    I love looking at holsters almost as much as guns. Here is one made by George Wells. When the Iraq war heated up, he closed up shop and went on to produce Prosthetics for the Military.

@Marbles Those grips are incredible!

IMG_3616.jpg

Reactions: Marbles